The Bowling Thread

Haumana

Re: The Bowling Thread

Post by Haumana » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I got the Dexter Turbo IIs - one of the few models that come in a wide-sole size.

I heard the wire brush thing, but I don't know what effect that could have on a felt sole... might brush the fibers straight, but would that even matter?
Dexter makes a good shoe. I see that they have a "micro fiber" slide. I have zero experience with that. The slides used to be leather and it would get gunked up from walking around so the wire brush would be used to clean them up. Probably not applicable with your shoes.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Haumana wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I got the Dexter Turbo IIs - one of the few models that come in a wide-sole size.

I heard the wire brush thing, but I don't know what effect that could have on a felt sole... might brush the fibers straight, but would that even matter?
Dexter makes a good shoe. I see that they have a "micro fiber" slide. I have zero experience with that. The slides used to be leather and it would get gunked up from walking around so the wire brush would be used to clean them up. Probably not applicable with your shoes.
That's kind of what I figured. Roughing up the leather/vinyl part would allow it to collect more dust/ash, and slide better, but for felt, that's already done.

It's a damn comfy shoe, just doesn't slide at ALL yet. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:12 pm

I hope bowling is less frustrating than golf...

Golf is a real pain in the ass to learn... everytime you try to change your swing you have to start all over again...

Plus, golf people are annoying.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm

DrYouth wrote:I hope bowling is less frustrating than golf...

Golf is a real pain in the ass to learn... everytime you try to change your swing you have to start all over again...

Plus, golf people are annoying.
Just as frustrating, until it clicks.

I’m kinda drawn towards challenge though. Darts, pool, golf, bowling, the list goes on. Always improving whatever game skill I can socialize with.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I’m kinda drawn towards challenge though. Darts, pool, golf, bowling, the list goes on. Always improving whatever game skill I can socialize with.
I like all of those...

But golf takes way too long... and I don't have the time or the inclination.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:05 pm

DrYouth wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I’m kinda drawn towards challenge though. Darts, pool, golf, bowling, the list goes on. Always improving whatever game skill I can socialize with.
I like all of those...

But golf takes way too long... and I don't have the time or the inclination.
It’s more about being outdoors in a fantasy garden setting than anything. Very relaxing, so long as you don’t focus too hard on the game.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It’s more about being outdoors in a fantasy garden setting than anything. Very relaxing, so long as you don’t focus too hard on the game.
Mostly it was horsing around with the golf carts and drinking beer...
Then I started to actually try to learn the game... that's when it lost it's appeal.
So maybe you're on to something.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm

DrYouth wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It’s more about being outdoors in a fantasy garden setting than anything. Very relaxing, so long as you don’t focus too hard on the game.
Mostly it was horsing around with the golf carts and drinking beer...
Then I started to actually try to learn the game... that's when it lost it's appeal.
So maybe you're on to something.
Man it feels amazing when you hit that one perfect shot though. I believe there’s one shot in every round that brings me back. At some point, I just connect beautifully, and it’s nirvana

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm

DBTrek wrote:Image