Cyclical or Spiral Upwards

GloryofGreece

Cyclical or Spiral Upwards

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Is it your opinion that we as a civilization, society, or as a people overall are closer to being in a cycle/recurrence, or our we progressing forward and up? Or for Western Civilization is it too soon to tell?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Cyclical or Spiral Upwards

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:33 pm

I don't know, but if we apply the Rawlsian veil of ignorance, I can't think of a time or place I would rather choose to be placed randomly than America: current year.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:35 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I don't know, but if we apply the Rawlsian veil of ignorance, I can't think of a time or place I would rather choose to be placed randomly than America: current year.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I don't know, but if we apply the Rawlsian veil of ignorance, I can't think of a time or place I would rather choose to be placed randomly than America: current year.

What was her name?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:06 am

Montegriffo wrote:

What was her name?

It was just the best time to live in America. Gulf War was over. Soviet Union was gone. Economic prosperity for years. Society was just great.

1993-2000

RIP

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 am

I don't know what it was like in England in the 90s, but most people I know, if they really think about it, realize life was much better in the 1990s than it is now.

Your personal circumstances might have changed for better or worse, that's a different matter. I am talking generally about everybody in society here.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:59 am

Well the rave scene was in full swing in the 90's but now it's almost impossible to organize one.
Mid 90's was when I got my first mobile kitchen and the red tape was almost non-existant compared to the health and safety gone mad of today.
Probably lower unemployment now but money went a lot further back then. Food and fuel prices are higher now as a % of wages. Pot prices have hardly changed in 20 years.
1990 -1997 was John Major's premiership so all in all you are probably right.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 am

The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:49 am

Young people don't have near the chance of achieving The American Dream which is why it's now called The Patriarchy, and they actively work against it. If that's you, if you're a woman, minority or weirdo, life is certainly the best now than it ever has been, and getting better. If you're an OWG, no.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:05 am

Hot Tub Time Machine, where are you?