Capitalist Realism vs. Jordan Peterson

GloryofGreece

Re: Capitalist Realism vs. Jordan Peterson

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I disagree. There are other options. Distributism was a good idea that was never really tried on a national level.

Other options include changing how workers are paid. Instead of wages, they get a percentage of the business revenue, which aligns their interests with those of the business.

Free markets are fine. We probably will keep those. But capitalism is pretty well walking dead right now, victim of its own success. Technology advances will make it unworkable without some massive welfare state that eventually strangles the life out of it. Obviously something has to change.
I looked into Distributism and it appears at least slightly similar to Anarcho Syndicalism, in that workers and managers/owners share in the overall ownership and operation of the business. What little I read was interesting. Guild system and favoring credit unions over banks etc.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Jordan Peterson and Bill Maher recently got together

Is it just me, or is Bill Maher's Lefty panel afraid to engage Peterson ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Is it just me, or is Bill Maher's Lefty panel afraid to engage Peterson ?
Seemed like normal last guest interaction to me, but I haven't watched in a few years. It was good to see Maher agree with Peterson regarding "offensiveness."
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?