Re: Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Post by clubgop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 am
heydaralon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm
I have recently grown some mushrooms. Not the hallucinogenic ones, but some Portabellas. Haven't tried them yet but they are enormous and do not look the ones you buy in the store. Gonna saute them with some steak and onions most likely.

I also bought a thyme plant and have been cultivating it in a pot outside. Gonna buy some opal basil and chives next and try to get them to grow too. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I do like gardening now and again.
Touch one to your tongue before you eat them and wait 10 mins. That’s a bad way to get hurt.
Mushrooms are best eaten young.
Don't you believe that about everything?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:15 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:04 am
Impressive and unexpected :shock:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50403561
Rod Stewart is famous for his love of train sets so not sure why it's surprising.
Other famous enthusiasts include Tom Hanks, Frank Sinatra, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Neil Young, Elton John, Micheal Jordan, Warren Buffett, Winston Churchill, the Hoff, Walt Disney, Gene Hackman, Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr, John Entwistle, Roger Daltry and Johnny Cash.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:49 pm

I'm going to be on a BBC radio program this Saturday.
Radio Suffolk is a local station that concentrates on regional events and issues.
One of their presenters has a slot that goes through the alphabet and picks a subject related to that week's letter.
This week it is the letter J and she came across the juggling convention I started 20 years ago called the Bungay Balls Up named after the nearest town to the farm.
She wants me to go to the studio and talk about why we chose juggling as a hobby and what we get up to for 11 days every May.
I was a bit anxious when she first approached me to appear but I spoke to her on the phone today and she was really easy to talk to and appeared to be genuinely interested.
It's only going to be about 10 minutes of talking and then a bit of trying to teach her how it is done.
It will be my first time on the radio but I'm rather looking forward to it now I've spoken to her.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Keep us posted. Pics
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm
Keep us posted. Pics
I'll link to the interview when it is available.
Got any tips for appearing on the radio?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Keep us posted. Pics
The more relaxed you are, the better it is to listen to. Smoke a J before you go in.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

try eating an apple

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Funny that you should say eating an apple. It's one of the oldest and most cliche juggling tricks out there. Jason Garfield performing for a juggler crowd adds a little sarcasm to the routine.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Keep us posted. Pics
Listening to someone being taught juggling sounds like bad radio. :lol: Or is that not to be aired? Talking to yourself while learning to juggle actually helps. "Throw, throw, catch, catch". We are pretty good at obeying ourselves.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Keep us posted. Pics
Listening to someone being taught juggling sounds like bad radio. :lol: Or is that not to be aired? Talking to yourself while learning to juggle actually helps. "Throw, throw, catch, catch". We are pretty good at obeying ourselves.
Yeah, when I first heard about it I thought it was going to be a silly jokey section and wasn't going to do it. That bit is going to be while they go to the weather and available via webcam for the listeners to watch. If it was going to be audio only I would have done my world record 15 ball routine. ;)