What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

DrYouth

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:Says the guy who posts giant walls of text about cricket.
I asked him for information about cricket, and he provided it.

Basic D&D knowledge - paladins are mandated Lawful Good. That’s where they get their powers. If they don’t follow their alignment, they lose the favor of their god, and the powers.

Stop being a cunt.
Paladins are not mandated Lawful Good.
The game is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons second edition.... and the rules clearly state.
The character must be Lawful Good; failure to maintain that alignment may result in the permanent loss of all special powers of the class, reverting to either a fighter or a cavalier main class.
Also the magic item in question was sensitive to alignment.... thus losing it's to hit bonus when actions go against the alignment of the weapon.

Standard D&D operating procedure.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

DrYouth wrote:
StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I asked him for information about cricket, and he provided it.

Basic D&D knowledge - paladins are mandated Lawful Good. That’s where they get their powers. If they don’t follow their alignment, they lose the favor of their god, and the powers.

Stop being a cunt.
Paladins are not mandated Lawful Good.
The game is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons second edition.... and the rules clearly state.
The character must be Lawful Good; failure to maintain that alignment may result in the permanent loss of all special powers of the class, reverting to either a fighter or a cavalier main class.
Also the magic item in question was sensitive to alignment.... thus losing it's to hit bonus when actions go against the alignment of the weapon.

They were pirates, you fuckin' clown, of course a LG Paladin is going to stand in their way.

But you're like "no, you can't waylay those brigands, that's not LG!"

Worst DM evah.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
StCapps wrote:Paladins are not mandated Lawful Good.

They were pirates, you fuckin' clown, of course a LG Paladin is going to stand in their way. Worst DM evah.
2e is a piece of shit compared to 5e, fuck Dr Youth and the rules he rode in on. Paladins having their alignment overly restricted is fucking dumb.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Dr Youth sucks at D&D, you'd think he'd be good at that at least, but no.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Ayyo, Leafs-Panthers tonight, back to back, I didn't even know, C-Mac attack.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Dr Youth sucks at D&D, you'd think he'd be good at that at least, but no.
I'm better at D&D than him, sad. He's a pitiful DM if ever there was one.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:46 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Dr Youth sucks at D&D, you'd think he'd be good at that at least, but no.
I can't be bothered to learn the rules, but I think I would be better at organizing a game, the guy can't even nerd right.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
I can't be bothered to learn the rules, but I think I would be better at organizing a game, the guy can't even nerd right.
When the nerds can't outnerd the jocks, something is seriously rotten in the state of Denmark.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Ah well, back to Leafs-Panthers on Leafs TV, it's on 24-7-3-6-5. Blue LIne, Leaf to Leaf, TML Face Off, then Leafs Gameday, gettin' pumped already.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I can't be bothered to learn the rules, but I think I would be better at organizing a game, the guy can't even nerd right.
Hey ... I have an idea...

Why don't you start a D&D thread and see how that goes?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty