New Star Wars is Masterfully Brilliant and a Stand Alone Masterpiece

Hwen Hoshino

Re: New Star Wars is Masterfully Brilliant and a Stand Alone Masterpiece

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:22 am

C-Mag wrote:Star Wars icon, talk about a blessing and curse.

You can't get another job, because you are so closely tied to Star Wars. What do you do? It probably messes with your head too. Being in Hollywood and whenever you walk into the room you are seen as Princess Leia. She probably would have been better to just leave town and live comfortably. But she was a Hollywood kid, not much of a chance.
i want more Hamill, i like his screen presence.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:10 am

Mark Hamill is a great actor.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Well, it's written by liberals and Marxists. It's probably just unconscious projection.
So not at all self aware...

And yet this theme of the Jedi's reaction to the dark side of the force in the apprentices driving them away seems to be deliberately written into the stories...

It was there with Yoda and Anakin...

And again now with Luke and Kylo...

Can't really be a coincidence can it?

Maybe one or two of the authors has self awareness?

You're reading too much into it.
It's a lack of creativity on the part of the writers, no ability to really expand the story, afraid to destroy the golden goose. So they just keep rehashing things and put what they consider to be modern sensibilities on it. I listened to a couple of the authorized books on audio in the 90s, they were far superior in story telling than this crap.

This is why Force Awakens was a blatant nock off of the original, they just modernized it up by making Luke a girl and getting an updated robot. Fucking creativity is weak. Hell, they even had the new jedi girl on a desert planet.

This is why Rogue One was so good, it was out of the box for the franchise, they only had a few side boards to play in and they did a great job.

The message of the new Star Wars seems to be Masculinity is Toxic.
Star Wars had great novels and comics that took place in the same universe. That all ended once Disney got their filthy paws on the rights.

I used to avidly read X-Wing Red Squadron and other novels that were just top notch fan fiction imo.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:14 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
DrYouth wrote: So not at all self aware...

And yet this theme of the Jedi's reaction to the dark side of the force in the apprentices driving them away seems to be deliberately written into the stories...

It was there with Yoda and Anakin...

And again now with Luke and Kylo...

Can't really be a coincidence can it?

Maybe one or two of the authors has self awareness?

It's a lack of creativity on the part of the writers, no ability to really expand the story, afraid to destroy the golden goose. So they just keep rehashing things and put what they consider to be modern sensibilities on it. I listened to a couple of the authorized books on audio in the 90s, they were far superior in story telling than this crap.

This is why Force Awakens was a blatant nock off of the original, they just modernized it up by making Luke a girl and getting an updated robot. Fucking creativity is weak. Hell, they even had the new jedi girl on a desert planet.

This is why Rogue One was so good, it was out of the box for the franchise, they only had a few side boards to play in and they did a great job.

Star Wars had great novels and comics that took place in the same universe. That all ended once Disney got their filthy paws on the rights.

I used to avidly read X-Wing Red Squadron and other novels that were just top notch fan fiction imo.
Yeah, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t have just gone with the EU. The rights wouldn’t have cost as much as their writers.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t have just gone with the EU. The rights wouldn’t have cost as much as their writers.
The EU wouldn't have been good choice because of the muslim refugees. Rapes and stufff during production.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:58 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

The EU wouldn't have been good choice because of the muslim refugees. Rapes and stufff during production.

That's why the Stargate movie is being filmed there. It all works out.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Just make LOTF, FOTJ not canon. Head to the Unknown Regions.