New Star Wars is Masterfully Brilliant and a Stand Alone Masterpiece

Smitty-48

Re: New Star Wars is Masterfully Brilliant and a Stand Alone Masterpiece

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm

oy vey go-I mean guy don't you like the diversity in tatooine. You wouldn't want to be a bad guy and use the force for evil would you? Think of all the good food!
The Jedi blow up the Orbital Battle Station, and then hand control over to Jar-Jar Binks and a buncha Ewoks; it's no wonder the galaxy fell into chaos and disorder.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Literally this

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image

Literally this
Dude lets do a selfie LMAO

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You know what? I just looked it up on the Star Wars wiki, and the project wasn't even started by the Empire, the "Death Star" was a project begun under the "Republic Special Weapons Program", so not only was there no rebellion against it, it was Jedi who made the Death Star, Annakin Skywalker was simply staying on mission while the rest of those kooks went rogue terrorist organization against the state.

Bobby Oppenheimer said "I have become death, the destroyer of worlds" but he didn't mean "let's sabotage the Manhattan Project so the Bolsheviks can rule the galaxy."
Now, now. The Republic is not the Jedi. That's one of the points of the political side of the prequels- the Jedi are a government sponsored organization, but they aren't in charge of anything until the war starts, and then they're only military commanders. The Republic Special Weapons Program would have been started by Palpatine as Supreme Chancellor and not the Jedi.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:32 pm

"I only know one truth; it's time for the Jedi. . . to end" ~ Luke Skywalker
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:40 pm

fuck wypipo~Luke

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:03 am

Smitty-48 wrote:For me, as a kid, Star Wars was always about the trinity of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and the Stormtroopers, I wasn't really into the Rebels, I didn't have any Rebel action figures, it was all starship troopers.

I was always more into Heinlein than I was into Lucas.

First time I saw Empire, I was like "Boba Fett, wicked!", when they killed him off like he was a clown, in the first scene of Return, I was like "fuck Star Wars".
Boba Fett was a cool dude for sure but so was Han Solo. And you didn't like light saber duels...come on now...
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:For me, as a kid, Star Wars was always about the trinity of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and the Stormtroopers, I wasn't really into the Rebels, I didn't have any Rebel action figures, it was all starship troopers.

First time I saw Empire, I was like "Boba Fett, wicked!", when they killed him off like he was a clown, in the first scene of Return, I was like "fuck Star Wars".
Boba Fett was a cool dude for sure but so was Han Solo. And you didn't like light saber duels...come on now...
Boba Fett has always had a strong following despite being in the original trilogy for less than five minutes total. It is interesting how this came about.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 am

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

Boba Fett has always had a strong following despite being in the original trilogy for less than five minutes total. It is interesting how this came about.
#1 He looked cool. #2 He looked cool. But his actual back story is interesting and there are some books on him and the "Clone Wars" , right? Seems like that was a tight spot for the Jedi for some time.

Also, those Imperial Guards are cool as fuck to. Wish they go more play.

This was the extent of preteen geek out with Star Wars...Lots of good stories in those comicbooks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_ ... e_Sith_War
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am

GloryofGreece wrote:

Well I liked the whole thing, but what really set it apart, was the design aspect, up until SW 77', everything was in the paradigm of Star Trek or Planet of the Apes, things like that, so SW rewrote the book, but it was all about design, and sound. ILM, THX, and John Williams. I didn't really analyze it too deeply at the time, I'm just saying, looking back, that's what it was.

See, the really genius of Lucas, was his get rich scheme, he invented merchandising as we know it, the plan was to make a movie that kids would love, and then sell them toys based on it, so they put a lot of effort into the design, the look of everything, and the sound of everything, which is what made them a cut above the rest, even in the resulting Star Wars craze, none of the cheap knockoffs could hold a candle to Star Wars. Closest thing was Battlestar Galactica, but that was TV, and still paled in the face of Star Wars.

You can say the movies are silly and they are, but Lucas had a plan, and he was very cutthroat about it, and he was one step ahead of the market, like Bill Gates, he wrote into the contracts, things which the studio paid little attention too, knowing ahead of time that it would pay off.

May seem like a no brainer now, but it wasn't back then, the merchandising business we have now, was invented by George Lucas, that was his genius move.

Lucas has always said that when it comes to movie making, Steven Spielberg is the genius, but when it comes to making big money off them, Spielberg tips his hat to George. Jaws was a better movie, Close Encounters was a better movie, exponentially better, but you can see that when Spielberg did E.T., he was pulling a Lucas then. Jaws was the first real blockbuster, but Star Wars came along and crushed it, and Spielberg didn't reclaim the lead, until he followed suit with a merchandising to kids blockbuster of his own.

Spielberg has made way more movies, he's made way better movies, but even now, Lucas is worth almost twice as much as Spielberg, pretty much off the back of just one franchise, George really knows how to milk that cow, nobody has done it better.
Nec Aspera Terrent