Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm

You’re on this planet too, buddy.
And real close to the USA.
Canada won’t be laughing either.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Re: Guess the MegaTons of This Nuke

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm

DBTrek wrote:You’re on this planet too, buddy.
And real close to the USA.
Canada won’t be laughing either.
Oh indeed, hence why I am not sanguine about it at all, but I have no control over it, so for me, it is simply an intellectual exercise, but yes, 50% chance of Canada get nuked right along with you, come a Korean Missile Crisis at the brink, noo doot aboot it.

Whose laughing? You see me laughing this off? I'm not laughing, not at all.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Tillerson is already caving to these tyrants.
:|
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Buckets of oats, rice, salt, beans, and maybe some sugar are helpful. Need to think about water too..

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Survivalism in the face of nuclear war, is a fool's errand, the living will envy the dead, thus, surviving an all out nuclear exchange, is counterproductive, better to simply be at ground zero and go out with a flash in a millisecond.

Everybody gotta die sometime, and there are infinitely worse ways to go, like being poisoned with strontium-90; no thanks.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm

It wouldn't be that bad after a while. In any case, the Norks would just go EMP. You wouldn't die from the attack itself.

Everything they are working on, from their spaceflight program to the kind of fusion bomb all point to one thing: EMP.

And you'd be getting hit too. They don't like you any better.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm

A strike anywhere to the west of us, with a handful of thermonuclear weapons, incites a black rain of liquid nuclear fallout upon us, within hours of the event, and that's just a slow death rather than a quick one, and given me druthers, I'll take a quick death over that, thanks.

I seriously doubt they have Canada high on their target list, but it doesn't matter, I'm down wind from most of their targets, so they don't have to bomb is to kill us.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:A strike anywhere to the west of us, with a handful of thermonuclear weapons, incites a black rain of liquid nuclear fallout upon us, within hours of the event, and that's just a slow death rather than a quick one, and given me druthers, I'll take a quick death over that, thanks.

It wouldn't make any sense for them to try to build enough warheads to blanket North America with surface and aerial blasts. They need only maybe a dozen warheads to send the entire continent back to the 19th century. They are fucking savages but they are not stupid.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:A strike anywhere to the west of us, with a handful of thermonuclear weapons, incites a black rain of liquid nuclear fallout upon us, within hours of the event, and that's just a slow death rather than a quick one, and given me druthers, I'll take a quick death over that, thanks.
It wouldn't make any sense for them to try to build enough warheads to blanket North America with surface and aerial blasts. They need only maybe a dozen warheads to send the entire continent back to the 19th century. They are fucking savages but they are not stupid.
Well, I am aware of your obsession with EMP, but since the weapons they are deploying are not designed for that, they clearly intend to employ endo-atmospheric air and surface burst come the breach, they don't need ICBM's and PBV's for an EMP, ICBM's with PBV's indicates reentry weapons by their very nature.

I do not believe EMP to be as devastating as you assert it to be, and clearly, neither do the North Koreans, as they are already at EMP capable, but blowing right by that on their way towards reentry capable.

Even if they were to employ an EMP, they are obviously not intending to stop there, they quite clearly intend to salt that EMP wound, with a whole lotta nuclear fallout as well.

So, as I said, given that, at my age, I would prefer instant death to rapid onset bone cancer, I mean, that's a no brainer. Whatever additional weeks of life that nuclear fallout would afford you, there would be no quality of life, that's about the most miserable way to die imaginable, ergo; thanks but no thanks.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Well, I am aware of your obsession with EMP, but since the weapons they are deploying are not designed for that, they clearly intend to employ endo-atmospheric air and surface burst come the breach, they don't need ICBM's and PBV's for an EMP, ICBM's with PBV's indicates reentry weapons by their very nature.

I do not believe EMP to be as devastating as you assert it to be, and clearly, neither do the North Koreans, as they are already at EMP capable, but blowing right by that on their way towards reentry capable.

Even if they were to employ an EMP, they are obviously not intending to stop there, they quite clearly intend to salt that EMP wound, with a whole lotta nuclear fallout as well.

So, as I said, given that, at my age, I would prefer instant death to rapid onset bone cancer, I mean, that's a no brainer. Whatever additional weeks of life that nuclear fallout would afford you, there would be no quality of life, that's about the most miserable way to die imaginable, ergo; thanks but no thanks.
It would feel a little worse than a bad sunburn. I wouldn't worry to much about that fallout bone cancer, unless you are a little pussy that is...
Shikata ga nai