Capitalism Cures Poverty

K@th

Re: Capitalism Cures Poverty

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:10 am

Fife wrote:What kind of a moron wouldn't like roads, fire departments, libraries?
Well, maybe stop complaining that people want roads, and we'll stop thinking you don't like roads.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:What kind of a moron wouldn't like roads, fire departments, libraries?

Libertarian?
Who are they? I don't see any around here.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 am

Kath wrote:
Well, maybe stop complaining that people want roads, and we'll stop thinking you don't like roads.
Not an argument.

Plus, show me where I have ever started "complaining that people want roads," or where I never stopped.

I'm making the point that the state isn't necessary for muh roads, not that muh roads are "bad." Not rocket science.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 am

@Fife - you've been given ample opportunity to explain to us how our lives would be better if we had to pay a private road company every time we want to get in or out of our driveways. Nothing but crickets. Chime in anytime
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 am

Drunk lawyers think they’re invisible.

It’s the only explanation for Fife’s denial of positions he’s publicly stated before denying them again.

ps: muh roads = what have the Romans ever done for us?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am

DBTrek wrote:Drunk lawyers think they’re invisible.

It’s the only explanation for Fife’s denial of positions he’s publicly stated before denying them again.

ps: muh roads = what have the Romans ever done for us?
:lol: Not bad posting while you are standing in line at USPS waiting for more Muh Postage Stamps!

:lol: :goteam: :drunk:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 am

21st century, bro. I print my postage directly and drop letters and packages in the mail box.
The opression.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:38 am

Fife wrote:

Libertarian?
I haven't seen any statists around here, either.
An advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/statist
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 am

Kath wrote:@Fife - you've been given ample opportunity to explain to us how our lives would be better if we had to pay a private road company every time we want to get in or out of our driveways. Nothing but crickets. Chime in anytime
You're reading too much into Muh Roads, Kath (All the while willfully ignoring all the links to actual economists and other kinds of stuff I've put up for you.). Muh Roads is something of an allegory for exploding the myth that there are certain things that only Unca Sugar can provide us.

If you didn't have half your income taken from you in a strong-arm robbery every day, you would probably have lots of money to pay for transportation, whips, chains, drugs, all kinds of shit.

I'm not going down some acid-shroom rabbit hole with you about how the state is saving us from some Sam Walton hoarding the freedom to travel. Meanwhile, keep on muh roadin! :goteam: :drunk:

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 am

BjornP wrote:
Fife wrote:

Libertarian?
I haven't seen any statists around here, either.
An advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/statist