C-Mag wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:59 am
Happy Easter MHF
Hey. Long time no see. Happy Easter

Ex-California

Re: BIG Holiday Thread

Post by Ex-California » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 am

Happy Easter
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:59 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 am
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:59 am
Happy Easter MHF
Hey. Long time no see. Happy Easter
Yeah, good to see the crew. I gave you knuckledraggers up for Lent. It was a good break.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun May 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Have a good Memorial Day all

PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon May 27, 2019 5:19 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am

Happy Memorial Day

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am

Honestly, I am a little sick of Memorial Day. I wish it were just something that veterans and active duty observed together.

What I hate most about Memorial Day is how easy it is for the plebs to pretend they give a shit when the cost is literally zero. You have veterans completely ruined by their ridiculous voting behavior, with nothing to show for it, and these same voters would throw a fit if those veterans were put before them in anything. It costs a man nothing to post something for fallen warriors on Facebook. Meanwhile, a disabled veteran is living just above the poverty line. Can't get assistance for a damned thing.

Those same VA employees that kill veterans annually for money are talking about how they honor the fallen troops. It's a zero-cost virtue signal.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 27, 2019 11:35 am

You're not alone, a lot of vets have some bitterness. Check out the recent US Army twitter backlash. They asked, 'How did the Army Impact you?"

Now in the Pentagon Public Affairs office that probably runs on slogans they expected people to respond with all these positive, you made me what I am today shit. Not what they got, they got some brutal reality.

Plenty of failures of US society in dealing with the military. Regardless of that. Regardless of the swamp, stupid foreign adventures, a citizenry that doesn't understand the military, it's still the best country in the world...……………….. and it's not close.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 am

I am trying to get a small farm started. I need to gain some skills to do that. On service-connected disability there is no way I can pay the tuition for this. I go to the community college to ask for help. I cannot get assistance from the state or from the VA. I was standing there in the assistance office, surrounded by posters about how they help veterans, while the man explained to me that they had nothing to offer me. Meanwhile, two single mothers waltzed in there, said they needed assistance, and were helped immediately.

It's very easy to put up posters about how much you care about veterans. It's easy to make a Facebook post. Meanwhile, nobody does a God damned thing. Veterans are getting shafted everywhere and nobody gives a shit, but if you go by Facebook, you'd think everybody loves us.

I am convinced that the reason the plebs love Memorial Day so much is that the warriors they "honor" are all dead and don't really need anything.

And how could they honor something like this?

I can see maybe police and fireman participating in honoring fallen troops. They get it. They serve and sacrifice.

Most of these people have no idea what they are even honoring. They don't even know what honor means in the first place.