Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:01 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Go on then, you've peaked my interest.
What the fuck is a sweet potato and marshmallow casserole?
I have to say, it doesn't sound very nice.
Mash hot cooked sweet potatoes with a little butter, dark brown sugar, and maple syrup. Put in a casserole pan and then arrange one layer of the larger marshmallows on top. Bake until the tops of the marshmallows are brown. It will probably taste more like a dessert to you than a side dish. It goes well with a side of cranberry sauce (I like the whole berry type instead of the smoothjellied cranberry sauce). The colors are beautiful together, too - very harvest festival - and they go very well with roast pork too.
Yup, sounds much more like something you would eat with custard or cream than have on the same plate as turkey.
Never understood the need to pour maple syrup over your meat either.
Americans are weird. ;)
That's a Boomer thing. Nobody gets maple ham anymore, unless they don't know better.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Re: BIG Holiday Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:36 pm

I like pineapple on pizza so I can't really look down my nose at you. :snooty:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Go on then, you've peaked my interest.
What the fuck is a sweet potato and marshmallow casserole?
I have to say, it doesn't sound very nice.
Mash hot cooked sweet potatoes with a little butter, dark brown sugar, and maple syrup. Put in a casserole pan and then arrange one layer of the larger marshmallows on top. Bake until the tops of the marshmallows are brown. It will probably taste more like a dessert to you than a side dish. It goes well with a side of cranberry sauce (I like the whole berry type instead of the smoothjellied cranberry sauce). The colors are beautiful together, too - very harvest festival - and they go very well with roast pork too.
Yup, sounds much more like something you would eat with custard or cream than have on the same plate as turkey.
Americans are weird. ;)
It wouldn’t go with custard or cream separately although Americans do love their pumpkin spice, which can flavor custard or cream based items.

Maple syrup makes a nice glaze for a spiral ham, although I personally prefer a honey glaze. Maple sausage is a thing, but I prefer pancakes with maple syrup and sausage on the side - the premade maple sausages taste artificial to me.

We are a nation of sweet tooths.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

Americans are weird. ;)
It wouldn’t go with custard or cream separately although Americans do love their pumpkin spice, which can flavor custard or cream based items.

Maple syrup makes a nice glaze for a spiral ham, although I personally prefer a honey glaze. Maple sausage is a thing, but I prefer pancakes with maple syrup and sausage on the side - the premade maple sausages taste artificial to me.

Ok, fair enough. Using maple syrup as a glaze on ham is no different than honey or even marmalade.
I was under the impression that maple syrup was used like ketchup on a wide range of meats.
It was my Dad who told me so maybe Grumps is right and it was a generational thing.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Americans are weird. ;)

Ok, fair enough. Using maple syrup as a glaze on ham is no different than honey or even marmalade.
I was under the impression that maple syrup was used like ketchup on a wide range of meats.
It was my Dad who told me so maybe Grumps is right and it was a generational thing.
Lol that may happen in Canada, but not here. The old school folks will cook with it on everything, but it’s not tableside, unless you’re eating pancakes/waffles.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Brown Friday: THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING WREAKS HAVOC ON PLUMBING NATIONWIDE :lol:
https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/23/than ... wn-friday/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

katarn

Post by katarn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Americans are weird. ;)

Outside of ham glaze I've never heard of it on any meat besides runoff from pancakes on to sausage. I'm no chef, of course, but I'd like to think my ignorance means it isn't mainstreamed culturally.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 am

Here's an oldie but a goodie to get you in the mood for Christmas shopping and satisfying.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:31 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 am
Here's an oldie but a goodie to get you in the mood for Christmas shopping and satisfying.

:lol:
I've never seen that. George is the man, satisfying 15 women in one day :D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 am

Gift ideas: