BIG Holiday Thread

C-Mag

Re: BIG Holiday Thread

Post by C-Mag » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:31 am
Half way through the current film job. Turns out to be a "true crime" program for the US market called Heart of Darkness.
Just so happens I had roast turkey down on the menu today so I brazened it out and told everyone it was a Thanksgiving dinner.
There are a few Yanks on the job and they were really pleased that I'd gone to the effort. :lol:
Thanks for taking care of those Yanks for us, even if they are Hollywood Globohomo's, today I give them a pass and wish them well.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:39 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:57 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Half way through the current film job. Turns out to be a "true crime" program for the US market called Heart of Darkness.
Just so happens I had roast turkey down on the menu today so I brazened it out and told everyone it was a Thanksgiving dinner.
There are a few Yanks on the job and they were really pleased that I'd gone to the effort. :lol:
Thanks for taking care of those Yanks for us, even if they are Hollywood Globohomo's, today I give them a pass and wish them well.
Nah, these are guys who have rejected Hollywood to come to England and film for a fraction of the cost.
American TV is outsourcing it's programming.
The site is littered with US cars and trucks. We are at another WWII airfield, in Norfolk this time. They have a bunch of sets mocked up in an old hanger.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:58 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Good move.

The traditional meal is turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and something like cranberries, or beets.
Roast turkey, sage and onion atuffing, roast potatoes, mashed swede, steamed cabbage and gravy.
Peach crumble, chocolate fudge cake or rice pudding.

Close enough...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:04 pm

You need sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top and cranberry sauce or it's not legit.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:58 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Good move.

The traditional meal is turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, and something like cranberries, or beets.
Roast turkey, sage and onion atuffing, roast potatoes, mashed swede, steamed cabbage and gravy.

Close enough...
That’s baller dude. Nice job.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:04 pm
You need sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top and cranberry sauce or it's not legit.
Cranberry sauce on the tables.
They are all adults though so there were no marshmallows involved.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm

You can't even make sweet potato casserole or hot cocoa without marshmallows, dude. :naughty:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:10 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:58 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Good move.

Close enough...
That’s baller dude. Nice job.
Not too shabby for a food truck.
This production company is busy all next year so I'm doing my best to impress.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm
You can't even make sweet potato casserole or hot cocoa without marshmallows, dude. :naughty:
Go on then, you've peaked my interest.
What the fuck is a sweet potato and marshmallow casserole?
I have to say, it doesn't sound very nice.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 pm
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 pm
Go on then, you've peaked my interest.
What the fuck is a sweet potato and marshmallow casserole?
I have to say, it doesn't sound very nice.
It's actually incredible.

https://www.southernliving.com/food/ent ... le-recipes