Tore my meniscus membrane clean off.

The Conservative

Re: Tore my meniscus membrane clean off.

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:13 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Your dad is Al Gore? Did you just doxx yourself?
Nope, my father part of the original group that developed the first TCP/IP Protocol. The team he was on sent a message to California and one was sent back, it took 30 seconds each way.

It's the group you never hear about because, well... DARPA...
In fact, I have heard of DARPA. I'm on the inside. But don't tell the other plebs on this board, they might get jelly.

So.. just between us, is your last name Kahn or Cerf?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite
The Internet protocol suite resulted from research and development conducted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in the late 1960s.[3] After initiating the pioneering ARPANET in 1969, DARPA started work on a number of other data transmission technologies. In 1972, Robert E. Kahn joined the DARPA Information Processing Technology Office, where he worked on both satellite packet networks and ground-based radio packet networks, and recognized the value of being able to communicate across both. In the spring of 1973, Vinton Cerf, the developer of the existing ARPANET Network Control Program (NCP) protocol, joined Kahn to work on open-architecture interconnection models with the goal of designing the next protocol generation for the ARPANET.
Yeah, funny how that works... two people get credit, while the rest of the team that did the actual work get shit...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 am

Kath wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:TC trying to understand sarcasm
Inability to discern sarcasm is one of the symptoms of Aspberger's.
Yes I know, it was a bit cruel of me really. My bad.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Kath wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:TC trying to understand sarcasm
Inability to discern sarcasm is one of the symptoms of Aspberger's.
To me, the most frustrating symptom is that they think they are more logical (and smarter) than anyone else in the room, so they feel the need to constantly explain the obvious to the rest of us. Maddening, really. 'Tis my life, especially now that he's 19. He EXTRA thinks he's smarter than the rest of us. So, when TC starts over-explaining shit you already knew, that's why.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Kath wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Kath wrote: Inability to discern sarcasm is one of the symptoms of Aspberger's.
To me, the most frustrating symptom is that they think they are more logical (and smarter) than anyone else in the room, so they feel the need to constantly explain the obvious to the rest of us. Maddening, really. 'Tis my life, especially now that he's 19. He EXTRA thinks he's smarter than the rest of us. So, when TC starts over-explaining shit you already knew, that's why.
I over-explain to you but in reality, I ao doing it because people seem to not realize the basics, and I feel at times that because of that they have to understand the logic I am going through to get there. To you, it may be over-explaining but in reality, in my case, it shows how I get to point A to Zed.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Point proven. :lol:
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am

Kath wrote:Point proven. :lol:
And yet, when you don't get what I am saying, who's fault is it when you get pissed off when you ask for an explanation and don't like how it's told? Not mine... as point proven.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
And yet, when you don't get what I am saying, who's fault is it when you get pissed off when you ask for an explanation and don't like how it's told? Not mine... as point proven.
Buddy. Real talk.

When that happens, 9/10 times, you don't understand what we're talking about, and assume that we missed something basic. Spend more time thinking about what you read.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Nope, my father part of the original group that developed the first TCP/IP Protocol. The team he was on sent a message to California and one was sent back, it took 30 seconds each way.

It's the group you never hear about because, well... DARPA...
In fact, I have heard of DARPA. I'm on the inside. But don't tell the other plebs on this board, they might get jelly.

So.. just between us, is your last name Kahn or Cerf?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite
The Internet protocol suite resulted from research and development conducted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in the late 1960s.[3] After initiating the pioneering ARPANET in 1969, DARPA started work on a number of other data transmission technologies. In 1972, Robert E. Kahn joined the DARPA Information Processing Technology Office, where he worked on both satellite packet networks and ground-based radio packet networks, and recognized the value of being able to communicate across both. In the spring of 1973, Vinton Cerf, the developer of the existing ARPANET Network Control Program (NCP) protocol, joined Kahn to work on open-architecture interconnection models with the goal of designing the next protocol generation for the ARPANET.
Yeah, funny how that works... two people get credit, while the rest of the team that did the actual work get shit...
That's pretty much any human endeavour, ever.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Buddy. Real talk.

When that happens, 9/10 times, you don't understand what we're talking about, and assume that we missed something basic. Spend more time thinking about what you read.
Your right, I don’t understand emotional postings. So I ignore them.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:58 am

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Great, we got another MH in training. He’s got the boasting down...

I don't care about what your father did, It's 100% irrelevant to the OT.
I am sorry about your money problems Dennis, but they are your problems.

I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask they pay for them.
What the hell are you smoking? Wow... The stupid is strong with this one. On two notes, I'm old enough to be your father, and my father helped design the internet protocol you are using. Both things are entirely irrelevant, so amuse me what the fuck are you trolling?
My dad made was completely unappreciated in his time. He made it so an entire theme park could be run from a room with minimal staff for up to three days.
Shikata ga nai