The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

heydaralon

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm

DrYouth wrote:That was an epic rant daralon.

I'm assuming you're not sober... if you are that's even more awesome.
I'm drinking jim beam and coke with my girlfriend and attempting to conceal that I'm posting obscene nonsense on here from her. I hope you are drinking tonight Youth, preferably some good whiskey.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
For what is the state *less* suited to do than provide care for our weakest members?
The average family doesn’t begin to have the resources to care for the infirm elderly. What are possible solutions? The state sucks but right now is often the only way to get any care.
Let's make a deal.

At what time did "the average family" stop having the resources to care for the infirm elderly?

Answer that question, with specificity, and I promise that I will answer all of your questions with as much specificity as you demand.
Probably around the 1950s, when industrial medical care began to advance, and wages decline.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Fife wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
For what is the state *less* suited to do than provide care for our weakest members?
The average family doesn’t begin to have the resources to care for the infirm elderly. What are possible solutions? The state sucks but right now is often the only way to get any care.
Let's make a deal.

At what time did "the average family" stop having the resources to care for the infirm elderly?

Answer that question, with specificity, and I promise that I will answer all of your questions with as much specificity as you demand.
IIRC there wasn’t anywhere near the current technology to be paid for and there was free full time care in the form of the women of the family (the elderly infirm were usually women). I don’t know how much nursing homes cost proportionate to income back then, but assisted living meant assisted by your female relatives.
:royalty-queen:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
de officiis wrote:Shitty nursing home care is a universal phenomenon.
And often the only alternative. Hell is trying to get medical care for elderly parents without huge piles of money. Do we have mom die sooner in our house because we can’t provide the level of care she needs or do we bankrupt ourselves keeping her in a safer (but lousy) place that can meet her medical needs?
False dicotomy.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Want to expand?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 pm

de officiis wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
de officiis wrote:Shitty nursing home care is a universal phenomenon.
And often the only alternative. Hell is trying to get medical care for elderly parents without huge piles of money. Do we have mom die sooner in our house because we can’t provide the level of care she needs or do we bankrupt ourselves keeping her in a safer (but lousy) place that can meet her medical needs?
False dicotomy.
What? This is the lived experience for a huge number of Americans. I hope you don't have to do this soon, but it's the most stressful thing a family has to go through. Medicare doesn't pay for assisted living, which costs a minimum of $50,000 a year. I go to work hoping my dad doesn't have to call 911 for help because there's no one there to help him. We can't quit work to give him the level of care he needs. The sandwich generation has to pay for children in college and elder care at the same time; the two most expensive life events. We don't even have a bathroom on the first floor for a guy with emphysema. He can't see but he'll get in his car when we're not around to stop him. I have to constantly beg my manager to let me work at home so I can feed him (and keep him from driving, and take him to his many, many doctor's appointments), because he won't eat if there's no one to bring him food. I'm not young, deO, and my husband is in poor health. When I inevitably can't stretch myself any thinner, what happens to those people depending on me?

And my experience has some privilege, in that I'm not broke, I have a house, and I have sibling support. What happens to people who have no money to pay for the health aide or senior day care, or who just can't get the time off work to ensure an elderly parent's safety?
:royalty-queen:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
de officiis wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
False dicotomy.
What? This is the lived experience for a huge number of Americans. I hope you don't have to do this soon, but it's the most stressful thing a family has to go through. Medicare doesn't pay for assisted living, which costs a minimum of $50,000 a year. I go to work hoping my dad doesn't have to call 911 for help because there's no one there to help him. We can't quit work to give him the level of care he needs. The sandwich generation has to pay for children in college and elder care at the same time; the two most expensive life events. We don't even have a bathroom on the first floor for a guy with emphysema. He can't see but he'll get in his car when we're not around to stop him. I have to constantly beg my manager to let me work at home so I can feed him (and keep him from driving, and take him to his many, many doctor's appointments), because he won't eat if there's no one to bring him food. I'm not young, deO, and my husband is in poor health. When I inevitably can't stretch myself any thinner, what happens to those people depending on me?

And my experience has some privilege, in that I'm not broke, I have a house, and I have sibling support. What happens to people who have no money to pay for the health aide or senior day care, or who just can't get the time off work to ensure an elderly parent's safety?
I once dropped my dad off at a wet nursing home. This created 2 problems for me.
1) He did not require this care because he is healthier and of better mental capabilities than I am
2) When I came to visit him, he had breast milk all over his face and his clothes.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:48 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
Horse shit.

This is the first era when the option even existed.

Every other generation of respectable people took care of their elders.

You're just degenerate as fuck and need to die.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 pm

This is also the first era where respectable people could expect a full century of life.

Good thing life expectancy is falling, or we might have to really think about how we deal with longer life.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This is also the first era where respectable people could expect a full century of life.

Good thing life expectancy is falling, or we might have to really think about how we deal with longer life.
Fuck off.

Take care of your elders. Stop putting them in homes to be abused by strangers.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751