The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Now killing the elderly is the moral thing to do.

Just yesterday, spending mountains of money so strangers could care for elders was the moral thing to do.

All I see is a bunch of scenarios that let people avoid caring for their elders.
Not avoiding. Desperate for help.

I've got two fathers racing each other to the finish line. One went into the hospital this afternoon and soon my job will be attempting to comfort my mil. I cant imagine losing a husband of 67 years. It may be tonight, it may be thanksgiving day. We just know the time is short. He stayed in his house with his wife until the last week of his life. She did everything Okees way and I hope it doesn't kill her too. She was absolutely determined he would stay in his home. Strong woman at 89 years old. I hope this loss doesn't completely break her.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Keep her close, and make sure she has purpose. Whether it's cooking, reading to kids, sharing wisdom, something. That's what keeps people together, during tragedy (and aging).
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am

MilSpecs wrote: She did everything Okees way and I hope it doesn't kill her too. She was absolutely determined he would stay in his home. Strong woman at 89 years old. I hope this loss doesn't completely break her.
I'm sorry you are all going through this at this time.
Account abandoned.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 am

Thank you both.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:10 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Now killing the elderly is the moral thing to do.

Just yesterday, spending mountains of money so strangers could care for elders was the moral thing to do.

All I see is a bunch of scenarios that let people avoid caring for their elders.

It's frightening.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:24 am

MilSpecs wrote:Not avoiding. Desperate for help.

I've got two fathers racing each other to the finish line. One went into the hospital this afternoon and soon my job will be attempting to comfort my mil. I cant imagine losing a husband of 67 years. It may be tonight, it may be thanksgiving day. We just know the time is short. He stayed in his house with his wife until the last week of his life. She did everything Okees way and I hope it doesn't kill her too. She was absolutely determined he would stay in his home. Strong woman at 89 years old. I hope this loss doesn't completely break her.
Wishing you much fortitude and comfort MilSpecs!

I saw my mother go through this with my Dad.
She kept him home and socially active despite extreme physical immobility.
She took him to Spain to see his family... the woman has always been superhuman.
My family in Spain was shocked and concerned about my mother's welfare... but there was nothing any of us could do to slow her down.

It's true that denial of her limitations was probably at the heart of my mother's efforts, and she was also in denial of my father's pending death in his final weeks, trying to keep him alive through the sheer force of her mighty will... but with our love and support she came through the trial.

She is 84 now and 5 years a widow and living life fully.
She is fortunate that her siblings are all alive and they have a great bond among them... all elderly but vivacious.
Hopefully your dear mom finds some solace from those around her, there may be another chapter worth living ahead for her.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 am

DrYouth wrote:

She took him to Spain to see his family... the woman has always been superhuman.
My family in Spain was shocked and concerned about my mother's welfare... but there was nothing any of us could do to slow her down.

It's true that denial of her limitations was probably at the heart of my mother's efforts, and she was also in denial of my father's pending death in his final weeks, trying to keep him alive through the sheer force of her mighty will... but with our love and support she came through the trial.

She is fortunate that her siblings are all alive and they have a great bond among them... all elderly but vivacious.
Hopefully your dear mom finds some solace from those around her, there may be another chapter worth living ahead for her.
Your mother is beautiful.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

Your mother is beautiful.
And single.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am

God damn you are creepy.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 am

Creepy ain't the word. Fucking death cultist.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am

Made myself laugh. That's really all that matters. :P

Formerly GrumpyCatFace