The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

TheReal_ND

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Nobody is trying to resolve anything. It's all just talking past each other at this point. All it ever was really.

Okeefenokee

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Jesus Christ, they went from mere liberal to killing the elderly in like four pages.

Time to split up. Irreconcilable differences are manifest.
Woah...

I'm not talking about euthanizing the elderly...

That wasn't part of my manifesto.

Let people's lives end naturally... when the time comes.... no need to knock them off.

That's as much a symptom of the death taboo as going to extreme measures to ward off death.
It should be pretty obvious now, why we can't actually resolve anything around here. Any position is instantly carted off to strawman-land, and burned for virtue.
You can fuck right the hell off,
Kath wrote:Putting our elderly/sick/miserable pets out of their misery is done out of love. What we do to our dying is selfish. (And ridiculously expensive and wasteful.)
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You can fuck right the hell off
Back at ya, slugger.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Point me to the head shrinkers thread so we can have a talk with the doc about this,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: It should be pretty obvious now, why we can't actually resolve anything around here. Any position is instantly carted off to strawman-land, and burned for virtue.
I think if we ignore the children and just talk as adults, we can move forward. I get that DSL thinks the world's entire supply of money is worth spending to increase a life by 17 hours, but it's not realistic, sustainable, practical or otherwise.

So, somewhere between killing off problematic teenagers and spending the world's wealth on giving a fatally ill patient another 70 seconds of life is the answer. I don't claim to know what the realistic line is, but I am hoarding several types of drugs that I can OD on in case I get to the point where government is going to send me to the machines without any quality of life for the feelz of the likes of DSL
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Now killing the elderly is the moral thing to do.

Just yesterday, spending mountains of money so strangers could care for elders was the moral thing to do.

All I see is a bunch of scenarios that let people avoid caring for their elders.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Now killing the elderly is the moral thing to do.

Just yesterday, spending mountains of money so strangers could care for elders was the moral thing to do.

All I see is a bunch of scenarios that let people avoid caring for their elders.
Not avoiding. Desperate for help.

I've got two fathers racing each other to the finish line. One went into the hospital this afternoon and soon my job will be attempting to comfort my mil. I cant imagine losing a husband of 67 years. It may be tonight, it may be thanksgiving day. We just know the time is short. He stayed in his house with his wife until the last week of his life. She did everything Okees way and I hope it doesn't kill her too. She was absolutely determined he would stay in his home. Strong woman at 89 years old. I hope this loss doesn't completely break her.
:royalty-queen:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:07 am

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Jesus Christ, they went from mere liberal to killing the elderly in like four pages.

Time to split up. Irreconcilable differences are manifest.
Woah...

I'm not talking about euthanizing the elderly...

That wasn't part of my manifesto.

Let people's lives end naturally... when the time comes.... no need to knock them off.

That's as much a symptom of the death taboo as going to extreme measures to ward off death.
https://www.agingwithdignity.org/

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Point me to the head shrinkers thread so we can have a talk with the doc about this,

Can we at least all agree that these people need to be euthanized?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 am

Nukedog wrote:Nobody is trying to resolve anything. It's all just talking past each other at this point. All it ever was really.
As a person with the second highest number of posts, maybe you could demonstrate some leadership and change that.