The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

DrYouth

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by DrYouth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Kath wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
It is done out of love... but it is probably a form of injustice.
Putting our elderly/sick/miserable pets out of their misery is done out of love. What we do to our dying is selfish. (And ridiculously expensive and wasteful.)

Now, queue those who think there is no amount of money too great to get a loved one an extra 5 hours on earth.
I'm not arguing this at all Kath...

It is a form of selfishness perhaps.... but we haven't done anything as a society to address the death taboo.

We fear death, we fear our loved ones dieing, we fear aging because we fear death...
This is a thing.

Science isn't helping us on this one. Science has shit to say about death... other than that apparently we cease to exist.
I'm not saying we should go back to Religion either...
but right now we have little to help us out other than resisting it with the promise of Medicine... expensive Medicine
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

K@th

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by K@th » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm

DrYouth wrote:[
I'm not arguing this at all Kath...
I wasn't referring to you. We've had these arguments over and over on DCF and here. We simply treat our sick & elderly as if they have to stay alive for our benefit. It is illegal for a terminally ill person in chronic miserable pain to get help to die. Illegal! Yet, this is perfectly acceptable treatment for our dogs and cats, because it is humane. This is the most hypocritical policy of them all. Why shouldn't we treat humans humanely?

So, we keep our sick loved ones alive at countless cost for very little gain, because, well, death panels.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Jesus Christ, they went from mere liberal to killing the elderly in like four pages.

Time to split up. Irreconcilable differences are manifest.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

See your future. Everyone outside the inner party gets the same pill in the end; the Pill of Eternal Peace and Freedom

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Jesus Christ, they went from mere liberal to killing the elderly in like four pages.

The elderly should be allowed to go out in a blaze of glory fighting matadors for our entertainment.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Fife wrote:See your future. Everyone outside the inner party gets the same pill in the end; the Pill of Eternal Peace and Freedom
How very libertarian of you to suggest I shouldn't be allowed to take my life if I have no quality of life other than pain and misery in a hospital bed. Thanks.
Account abandoned.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:08 pm

DrYouth wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:There could definitely be options and ways to make it work on a societal level. That said, the advanced elderly do require a great deal of skilled nursing care. Things like changing catheters and pulmonary function tests are beyond most of us.
If we chose to invest in quality nursing in the home this would probably be a lot cheaper than nursing care home.
Dieing at home with loved ones is probably infinitely better than living in an institution where you are wired to complex machinery... when it comes to that.
Yes, definitely. And yet it’s impossible to get. No hospital would ever tell me to hunt down an incubator myself and btw there’s a month long waiting list for them, for example. Hospice is for those who are in the last six months of life. Aides are cash only.

I wish people who aren’t directly involved in care could see how miserable we make the end of life for the elderly and their families. And I’m not talking about extraordinary measures - just basic care and comfort.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Jesus Christ, they went from mere liberal to killing the elderly in like four pages.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's where I came back in also.

Fucking, good bye.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Woah...

I'm not talking about euthanizing the elderly...

That wasn't part of my manifesto.

Let people's lives end naturally... when the time comes.... no need to knock them off.

That's as much a symptom of the death taboo as going to extreme measures to ward off death.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:56 pm

DrYouth wrote:

Woah...

I'm not talking about euthanizing the elderly...

That wasn't part of my manifesto.

Let people's lives end naturally... when the time comes.... no need to knock them off.

That's as much a symptom of the death taboo as going to extreme measures to ward off death.
It should be pretty obvious now, why we can't actually resolve anything around here. Any position is instantly carted off to strawman-land, and burned for virtue.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0