Monty Python, Holy Grail, John Cleese

K@th

Monty Python, Holy Grail, John Cleese

Post by K@th » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 am

Guess what I get to do tonight? So excited!!!

Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Re: Monty Python, Holy Grail, John Cleese

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:29 am

Nice. Don't ask him what he thinks of Trump, he gets quite angry...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:Nice. Don't ask him what he thinks of Trump, he gets quite angry...
:lol:

From the brochure:
Living comedy legend, John Cleese, is heading in our general direction for a live and truly unforgettable evening of conversation and audience Q&A.*** Absurd and/or ridiculous questions only are requested, please. John will tell stories of his life and career and you just may finally find out the air-speed of an unladen swallow. Before John silly-walks his way on to the stage, the excitement will build as you watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail in its entirety on the big screen. Don’t miss your chance to see the man who has achieved nothing short of comedy royalty in this thrill-of-a lifetime evening.
Does Trump qualify as ridiculous and/or absurd?
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:01 pm

I am so jealous.. I'd love to see that show.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Okay, Kath did you film that show so I can watch it?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am

Will post more when i have access to a real keyboard,but it was hilarious. He doesn't hate Trump as much as he finds him amusing. Much fun ensued.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 am

Penner wrote:Okay, Kath did you film that show so I can watch it?
No. Sorry :-)
Montegriffo wrote:Nice. Don't ask him what he thinks of Trump, he gets quite angry...
He actually spoke about Trump several times. Cleese cracks himself up. Going to try and type out a couple of Trump rants...

"I love books, do you love books?" *applause* You guys have elected a president who *chuckle chuckle maniacal chuckle" who has never *chuckle chuckle" read a *chuckle chuckle* never read a book *giggle snort chuckle hysterical laughter."

At one point, into the Trump bit, a group of people got up to leave. It was fun to watch him heckle them... "Well, there go the Trump supporters! I'm not sure what they were expecting. This audience should be pre-selected to like me and know what I'm about."

Then, repeat the mid-sentence chuckling talked about how he wanted to make his ex-wife the Ambassador to the Czech Republic. *laughter laughter* Then, about 15 minutes later, in the middle of a sentence on a different topic, "the Ambassador to the Czech Republic, can you believe that?" giggle giggle.*

He talked about the rest of the Troupe and how silly they all were.

He went off for quite some time about leaders - in any area - leaders have no idea what's going on and how to make it better.

I rarely stopped laughing through his entire talk. The man is hysterical.

The movie itself had some extra bits. I know there's at least a couple of places that were inserted and I've never seen them before.

So much fun and highly recommended. We, very happily, did not get stuck sitting next to anyone narrating the movie for us.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 am

He's been on the talk show circuit a lot, here are his comments on political correctness.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am

I remember when that guy was funny. Comedy in general is pathetic these days because of this stuff.