So... Halloween was moved because Mother Nature decided to be a bitch.

The Conservative

So... Halloween was moved because Mother Nature decided to be a bitch.

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/29/us/new-yo ... index.html
By Monday morning, 269,346 customers were without power in Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency said
Yeah, except the winds weren't 50 MPH Winds, we hit 86 MPH here... and this was 6 years ago to the day that we lost power for the same reason, fallen trees. National Grid was supposed to make sure that something like this didn't happen again after the first time. I wonder if their feet are going to be held to the fire for it this time around... last time they got a slap on the wrist, this time should be a more severe punishment.

We are on generator power, for now, I am back at work because I can leave my family for now and know they will be safe... we had a few break-ins after the storm around us... so yeah... people are assholes.

So for now, Halloween is going to be Friday... hopefully it's not changed again...
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Re: So... Halloween was moved because Mother Nature decided to be a bitch.

Post by DBTrek » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 am

Damn dude.
No power means you were entirely cut off from getting those sweet loot crates. That had to be rough!

Seriously though, glad you made it through the wind storm. They can really wreak some havoc when they get going.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 am

How do you reschedule Halloween? I'm not giving any candy to door knockers on Friday. :ugeek:
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 am

Kath wrote:How do you reschedule Halloween? I'm not giving any candy to door knockers on Friday. :ugeek:
You probably pour cold water on christmas carolers too you goddamn Halloween grinch!
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:05 am

I’m just glad we don’t have to reschedule the 4th of July. It would fuck the whole calendar up.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 am

heydaralon wrote:
Kath wrote:How do you reschedule Halloween? I'm not giving any candy to door knockers on Friday. :ugeek:
You probably pour cold water on christmas carolers too you goddamn Halloween grinch!
Dude - all the leftover candy went to Nerd's office today. I suppose I could give them some pot roast. :lol:
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:10 am

Well, since there was no school, or anything else, the towns through the radio stated that schools were closed till power was up and that Halloween would be moved to Friday/Saturday depending on when power for the areas are restored.

In the NE, this is not uncommon for Halloween. We don't want the kids one day to dress up and have fun ruined by a storm.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:15 am

DBTrek wrote:Damn dude.
No power means you were entirely cut off from getting those sweet loot crates. That had to be rough!

Seriously though, glad you made it through the wind storm. They can really wreak some havoc when they get going.
Yup, two trees went down around us, I had to cut one down that was threatening to fall on the car/house. I couldn't wait for chance or the cleaning crew to come around and do it "properly"...

Either way, we made it through in one piece, Peter slept like the dead, while my wife and I woke up every time we heard a tree break or crack... Peter took this like a champ... I'll tell you right now though I couldn't be any more proud of him.

As for loot crates, I used mine. I get practical ones, so when SHTF I actually can use my crates effectively.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 am

Is National Grid what your local power utility is called?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:24 am

California wrote:Is National Grid what your local power utility is called?
Yup, it's a near monopoly up here, everyone goes through them, even the other power companies. They own the lines...
#NotOneRedCent