The Universe Should Not Exist

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Universe Should Not Exist

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:10 am

I just wish we could convince our own theoretical physics community to give up the metaphysics and come back to science like the CERN guys.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:37 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I just wish we could convince our own theoretical physics community to give up the metaphysics and come back to science like the CERN guys.
Stephen Hawking continues to practice his unholy religion of thought, regardless of your hate.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I just wish we could convince our own theoretical physics community to give up the metaphysics and come back to science like the CERN guys.
Stephen Hawking continues to practice his unholy religion of thought, regardless of your hate.
Stephen Hawking is dead.
http://milesmathis.com/hawk3.pdf

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

??

Do you not read good?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 am

I have disproved this article and its entire premise by doing simple high school science experiments. When I lit the bunsen burner, the flame ignited. If the universe didnt exist, we wouldnt have oxygen. Thus the flame would not ignite without this crucial gas. I would be very surprised if science could even make a cogent argument about the bunsen oxygen problem. Even Bill Nye will acknowledge the flame burning is contigent on the universe existing.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

??

Do you not read good?
You stated that science being performed without experimentation was 'metaphysics'. Do you think Hawking is working out advanced mile-long formulas, and plugging them into a super-collider in his head? No. He's doing thought experiments - just like Einstein did.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 am

Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Stephen Hawking is dead.
http://milesmathis.com/hawk3.pdf
:lol: That is fucked up.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

??

Do you not read good?
You stated that science being performed without experimentation was 'metaphysics'. Do you think Hawking is working out advanced mile-long formulas, and plugging them into a super-collider in his head? No. He's doing thought experiments - just like Einstein did.
What is Hawking's nationality?

I praised European physicists and you used Hawking as an example of the American physicists I criticized.

Start connecting some dots.

European physicists are still doing real science. They are almost in a golden age right now compared to us.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:29 pm

de officiis wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I would not be surprised if Deo is Young Earth creationist. He thought the Haydron Collider was a comet or some shit. Complete mockery of science that article.
You're just jealous that I found it before you.
He was too busy working on his Heydaralon Collider trying to find the Allah particle.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:More evidence that we simply don't understand wtf we're talking about yet. Also, Newsweek for science articles? C'mon, man.
It would be fair to say that Newsweek was just reporting on a science article published elsewhere--in this case, Nature. Written by these 17 guys:

C. Smorra - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan, CERN, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
S. Sellner - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
M. J. Borchert -RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan Institut für Quantenoptik, Leibniz Universität, Welfengarten 1, D-30167 Hannover, Germany
J. A. Harrington -Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, Saupfercheckweg 1, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
T. Higuchi - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153-8902, Japan
H. Nagahama - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
T. Tanaka - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153-8902, Japan
A. Mooser - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
G. Schneider - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan Institut für Physik, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, D-55099 Mainz, Germany
M. Bohman - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, Saupfercheckweg 1, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
K. Blaum - Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik, Saupfercheckweg 1, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Y. Matsuda - Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153-8902, Japan
C. Ospelkaus - Institut für Quantenoptik, Leibniz Universität, Welfengarten 1, D-30167 Hannover, Germany Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, D-38116 Braunschweig, Germany
W. Quint - GSI - Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH, D-64291 Darmstadt, Germany
J. Walz - Institut für Physik, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, D-55099 Mainz, Germany
Helmholtz-Institut Mainz, D-55099 Mainz, Germany
Y. Yamazaki - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
S. Ulmer - RIKEN, Ulmer Fundamental Symmetries Laboratory, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan

The abstract of the actual article provides:

A parts-per-billion measurement of the antiproton magnetic moment
Precise comparisons of the fundamental properties of matter– antimatter conjugates provide sensitive tests of charge–parity–time (CPT) invariance1, which is an important symmetry that rests on basic assumptions of the standard model of particle physics. Experiments on mesons2, leptons3,4 and baryons5,6 have compared different properties of matter–antimatter conjugates with fractional uncertainties at the parts-per-billion level or better. One specific quantity, however, has so far only been known to a fractional uncertainty at the parts-per-million level7,8: the magnetic moment oftheantiproton,μp.Theextraordinarydifficultyinmeasuringμp with high precision is caused by its intrinsic smallness; for example, it is 660 times smaller than the magnetic moment of the positron3. Here we report a high-precision measurement of μ p in units of the nuclear magneton μN with a fractional precision of 1.5 parts per billion (68% confidence level). We use a two-particle spectroscopy method in an advanced cryogenic multi-Penning trap system. Our result μ p = −2.7928473441(42)μN (where the number in parentheses represents the 68% confidence interval on the last digits of the value) improves the precision of the previous best μ p measurement8 by a factor of approximately 350. The measured value is consistent with the proton magnetic moment9, μp = 2.792847350(9)μN, and is in agreement with CPT invariance. Consequently, this measurement constrains the magnitude of certain CPT-violating effects10 to below 1.8 × 10−24 gigaelectronvolts, and a possible splitting of the proton– antiproton magnetic moments by CPT-odd dimension-five interactions to below 6 × 10−12 Bohr magnetons11.
But yeah, Newsweek picked it up, so hey, it's obviously crap.