The Universe Should Not Exist

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 pm

The universe as we know it should not exist, scientists working at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, have said.

After performing the most precise experiments on antiprotons that have ever been carried out, researchers have discovered a symmetry in nature that they say just shouldn’t be possible.

One of the big questions about the universe is how the first matter formed after the Big Bang. Because particles and antiparticles annihilate one another when they come into contact, if there were exactly equal measures of both, the universe wouldn’t exist—at least not in the form we see it today. As such, there must be an imbalance between particles and antiparticles, even if it is only by the tiniest fraction.

But this is not the case. All experiments designed to find this asymmetry have come up blank. This is also true of the latest, which were recently carried out at CERN by an international team of researchers. The findings from the BASE (Baryon Antibaryon Symmetry Experiment) are published in the journal Nature.

"All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist," first author Christian Smorra, from Japan’s RIKEN institute, said in a statement.
Hmm...so, we're improbable? :shock:

I wonder what that means.

TheReal_ND

Re: The Universe Should Not Exist

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 pm

The odds of having a moon that controls our tide while Jupiter etc block asteroids are over a thousand to one. We are very special and snow flakey.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Couldn't there just be a non-uniform distribution of matter and anti-matter?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Big deal. I did 30 pushups one time. How is that possible? Does it really make sense that my BMI is 11% and I have a six pack well into my 20's? Let's see some swiss Neil Degrasse Tyson faggots at CERN discover the daralon particle, the one that add 8 inches to your dick. This article is a waste of ink.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:43 pm

The Universe Should not Exist!

^
DeO
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:The Universe Should not Exist!

^
DeO

His sweater is upside down. Weird. Might need some help turning it over.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 pm

I would not be surprised if Deo is Young Earth creationist. He thought the Haydron Collider was a comet or some shit. Complete mockery of science that article.
Shikata ga nai

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 pm

heydaralon wrote:I would not be surprised if Deo is Young Earth creationist. He thought the Haydron Collider was a comet or some shit. Complete mockery of science that article.
You're just jealous that I found it before you.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:55 am

More evidence that we simply don't understand wtf we're talking about yet. Also, Newsweek for science articles? C'mon, man.
"At its core, the question is whether the antiproton has the same magnetism as a proton," said Stefan Ulmer, spokesperson of the BASE group. "This is the riddle we need to solve."

"The measurement of antiprotons was extremely difficult and we had been working on it for 10 years. The final breakthrough came with the revolutionary idea of performing the measurement with two particles."
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:More evidence that we simply don't understand wtf we're talking about yet. Also, Newsweek for science articles? C'mon, man.
"At its core, the question is whether the antiproton has the same magnetism as a proton," said Stefan Ulmer, spokesperson of the BASE group. "This is the riddle we need to solve."

"The measurement of antiprotons was extremely difficult and we had been working on it for 10 years. The final breakthrough came with the revolutionary idea of performing the measurement with two particles."
Is having CERN-scientist level autism like being really high all the time?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session