Too Scared
30%
Gay/Part of LGTBQ Community
40%

Total votes: 10

Speaker to Animals

Re: Why Don't You Smoke?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:59 pm

If there are witnesses and I decide to press charges you would.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:04 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:I don't know as much about the criminal cases, but there is a thorough record with regard to the intentional tort of battery in civil court.

https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/collages/38625

N.B., there is a yuuuuge difference in alleging harm from second-hand smoke absorbed by being in the vicinity of a smoker and alleging harm because of smoke intentionally blown upon a plaintiff with the intent to cause offensive physical contact.

The NAP doesn't really allow for going around intentionally initiating physical harm to other people.
So then, he can sue me, but I won't be arrested for "assault". Good to know, though that should have been fairly obvious.
Not what I said, at all.

Grades and classes of Assault / Battery are defined criminally differently in every jurisdiction. Given the right facts, blowing carcinogenic smoke on someone with some type of legitimate criminal intent could easily be criminal as hell. Bet dat.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:I don't know as much about the criminal cases, but there is a thorough record with regard to the intentional tort of battery in civil court.

https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/collages/38625

N.B., there is a yuuuuge difference in alleging harm from second-hand smoke absorbed by being in the vicinity of a smoker and alleging harm because of smoke intentionally blown upon a plaintiff with the intent to cause offensive physical contact.

The NAP doesn't really allow for going around intentionally initiating physical harm to other people.
So then, he can sue me, but I won't be arrested for "assault". Good to know, though that should have been fairly obvious.
Not what I said, at all.

Grades and classes of Assault / Battery are defined criminally differently in every jurisdiction. Given the right facts, blowing carcinogenic smoke on someone with some type of legitimate criminal intent could easily be criminal as hell. Bet dat.
Prove my intent, and prove damages.

The very notion that we could make this a “crime”, yet not bat an eye at industrial air emissions is absurd. You inhale disgusting things every day, yet your feelz are endangered by a puff of smoke.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:09 pm

How do you not know this?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:10 pm

As for a criminal arrest, I just did a quick google search for Tennessee. Yep, blowing smoke (in this case MJ smoke) on somebody can in fact net you a charge.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/lo ... /93590546/

I'm sure if someone wanted to really look around, there are plenty of these kinds of assault/battery arrests.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:19 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Prove my intent, and prove damages.

The very notion that we could make this a “crime”, yet not bat an eye at industrial air emissions is absurd. You inhale disgusting things every day, yet your feelz are endangered by a puff of smoke.

FFS, you are dense.

Imagine your daughter is a severe asthmatic, and she is wearing her Bernie 2020 shirt to school. In the school parking lot, her tshirt incites an 18 year old sophomore Trump supporter to walk up to her and blow 2 lungfuls of his Marlboro Red cigarette smoke in her face while he shouts the smoke out with a hardy "Fuck you Bernie!" and laughs his ass off at her with his buddies. She's not otherwise touched. She has an asthma attack. Her treating physician and her PCP both testify at trial as a matter of fact and as a matter of expert medical opinion that getting scared AND the sudden inhalation of smoke were both causative of her injuries. About 10 kids see the whole event, and all testify consistently about what happened.

Not a crime, catass?

What if he didn't add the "fuck you bernie," but just blew the smoke in her face without comment? Still not a crime?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
You're part of the problem.

If we ever meet, I'll be sure to blow a cloud of smoke in your face.

Then we'd be fighting, and no matter the outcome, you'd be going to jail for assault and battery. Blowing a cloud of smoke in people's face is assault, dipshit. You just illustrated why nobody likes smokers.
I’d like to see anyone, ever, arrested in America for assault, because they exhaled in the wrong direction.

Also, I am absolutely amazed at how fast you guys jumped to nanny state restrictions for behavior that you don’t approve of. Seems I’m the only actual conservative on the forum.

EDIT: Except for Fife. I agree with 90% of his ideas.
There's a difference between passing laws and applying social pressure.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Prove my intent, and prove damages.

FFS, you are dense.

Imagine your daughter is a severe asthmatic, and she is wearing her Bernie 2020 shirt to school. In the school parking lot, her tshirt incites an 18 year old sophomore Trump supporter to walk up to her and blow 2 lungfuls of his Marlboro Red cigarette smoke in her face while he shouts the smoke out with a hardy "Fuck you Bernie!" and laughs his ass off at her with his buddies. She's not otherwise touched. She has an asthma attack. Her treating physician and her PCP both testify at trial as a matter of fact and as a matter of expert medical opinion that getting scared AND the sudden inhalation of smoke were both causative of her injuries. About 10 kids see the whole event, and all testify consistently about what happened.

Not a crime, catass?

What if he didn't add the "fuck you bernie," but just blew the smoke in her face without comment? Still not a crime?
While I’m sure that you could get some pissant judge to rule it one, I don’t think it should be a crime. Nor should it be a crime when I found that shithead and remove his teeth. At minimum, I’d demand that he be expelled from the school.

I don’t run to Johnny Law for personal problems.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Hastur wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Regular smoker. Fuck everybody :lol:
Do. Not. Do. This. To. Your. Kids.
Easy to say. Hard to do. But I agree.

I used to smoke. Started when I was 16. Had long periods when I didn't smoke and used Snus instead. However, the urge for a cigarette never went away. Until I started vaping that is. Now I don't have any urge for tobacco any more. It's like that part of the brain is gone. I feel an urge for the vape instead but that is a lot less powerful. I can ignore it with no effort.
Hardest thing I ever did. It took years for the urge to smoke to go away.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Kath wrote:I've been vaping for six years, now. I started with 1.8 strength and am now down to .3.

Cigarettes were a constantly on my mind addiction. Vaping is not. If I leave my battery at home and we're going out for awhile, it's no big deal. I often go for several hours before my body asks for it. I imagine at some point soon, the desire will completely fade.

What a difference!

@ Grumps - Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin are both GRAS (generally regarded as safe.) While they aren't the best thing to consume, it's far better than the shit they put into cigarettes.

Cigarettes contain
-Hydrogen cyanide.
-Formaldehyde.
-Lead.
-Arsenic.
-Ammonia.
-Radioactive elements, such as uranium (see below)
-Benzene.
Holy shit. That's a huge drop. I remember when you switched. You're almost free.

And, yeah, the chemicals in common cigarettes today are likely loads worse than what is in that vape juice.