30%
Gay/Part of LGTBQ Community
40%

Total votes: 10

Speaker to Animals

Re: Why Don't You Smoke?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Oh, look. Surprise, surprise. Even your beloved NHS agrees with me:
he NHS will ban patients from surgery indefinitely unless they lose weight or quit smoking, under controversial plans drawn up in Hertfordshire.

The restrictions - thought to be the most extreme yet to be introduced by health services - immediately came under attack from the Royal College of Surgeons.

Its vice president called for an “urgent rethink” of policies which he said were “discriminatory” and went against the fundamental principles of the NHS.

In recent years, a number of areas have introduced delays for such patients - with some told operations will be put back for months, during which time they are expected to try to lose weight or stop smoking.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... ers-obese/

That's fucking harsh right there. I just want to raise what these people have to pay into the system. NHS is like, fuck it, you're dead weight, get the fuck out of my office. :o

How do you like government hospitals now? LMFAO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 pm

I was being sarcastic. Once you start singling out certain activities for special treatment over healthcare you open a huge can of worms which ends with people being refused medical care (or pricing them out of coverage. None of these activities are against the law, there are all sorts of dangerous or unhealthy practises out there if you look for them. It's a slippery slope. No more climbing mountains, no more riding bicycles on public roads no more playing rugby or horse riding. You end up with a nation of risk averse pansies.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh, look. Surprise, surprise. Even your beloved NHS agrees with me:
he NHS will ban patients from surgery indefinitely unless they lose weight or quit smoking, under controversial plans drawn up in Hertfordshire.

The restrictions - thought to be the most extreme yet to be introduced by health services - immediately came under attack from the Royal College of Surgeons.

Its vice president called for an “urgent rethink” of policies which he said were “discriminatory” and went against the fundamental principles of the NHS.

In recent years, a number of areas have introduced delays for such patients - with some told operations will be put back for months, during which time they are expected to try to lose weight or stop smoking.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... ers-obese/

That's fucking harsh right there. I just want to raise what these people have to pay into the system. NHS is like, fuck it, you're dead weight, get the fuck out of my office. :o

How do you like government hospitals now? LMFAO
Which was ruled against the principles of the NHS and stopped from happening. Nice try though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:We finally got around to banning it at the parks where I live. I don't think any of these smokers cared one bit about polluting running trails with tobacco smoke. There's nothing like running through a giant cloud of cancer smoke during your tempo run.. :hand:

Smokers really know how to burn bridges. Nobody likes them anymore. There can be some grossly unfair regulation targeting them and I just don't care any longer.
Im sympathetic to your plight, but think about it. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to not smoke cigarettes. Thats a lifestyle choice you decided for yourself. You don't smoke cigarettes, even though you know that it will put you at risk for second hand smoke inhalation. Part of living in a free society is taking responsibility for your non tobacco use. You knew the risks.
Shikata ga nai

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm

I also Vape. However, I've noticed that smoking makes me poop faster than vaping. So if I am about to head out to woik and feel like I'm probably going to poop at some point, I will suck on a fag to speed the process so that it occurs in the comfort of my own home rather than in a public bathroom.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:We finally got around to banning it at the parks where I live. I don't think any of these smokers cared one bit about polluting running trails with tobacco smoke. There's nothing like running through a giant cloud of cancer smoke during your tempo run.. :hand:

Smokers really know how to burn bridges. Nobody likes them anymore. There can be some grossly unfair regulation targeting them and I just don't care any longer.
Im sympathetic to your plight, but think about it. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to not smoke cigarettes. Thats a lifestyle choice you decided for yourself. You don't smoke cigarettes, even though you know that it will put you at risk for second hand smoke inhalation. Part of living in a free society is taking responsibility for your non tobacco use. You knew the risks.

If that's the way it is, then we might as well go Aztec and start sacrificing smokers to Huitzilopochtli.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

LVH2 wrote:I also Vape. However, I've noticed that smoking makes me poop faster than vaping. So if I am about to head out to woik and feel like I'm probably going to poop at some point, I will suck on a fag to speed the process so that it occurs in the comfort of my own home rather than in a public bathroom.
Try a preworkout.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

You're part of the problem.

If we ever meet, I'll be sure to blow a cloud of smoke in your face.

Then we'd be fighting, and no matter the outcome, you'd be going to jail for assault and battery. Blowing a cloud of smoke in people's face is assault, dipshit. You just illustrated why nobody likes smokers.
I’d like to see anyone, ever, arrested in America for assault, because they exhaled in the wrong direction.

Also, I am absolutely amazed at how fast you guys jumped to nanny state restrictions for behavior that you don’t approve of. Seems I’m the only actual conservative on the forum.

EDIT: Except for Fife. I agree with 90% of his ideas.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't know as much about the criminal cases, but there is a thorough record with regard to the intentional tort of battery in civil court.

https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/collages/38625

N.B., there is a yuuuuge difference in alleging harm from second-hand smoke absorbed by being in the vicinity of a smoker and alleging harm because of smoke intentionally blown upon a plaintiff with the intent to cause offensive physical contact.

The NAP doesn't really allow for going around intentionally initiating physical harm to other people.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Fife wrote:I don't know as much about the criminal cases, but there is a thorough record with regard to the intentional tort of battery in civil court.

https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/collages/38625

N.B., there is a yuuuuge difference in alleging harm from second-hand smoke absorbed by being in the vicinity of a smoker and alleging harm because of smoke intentionally blown upon a plaintiff with the intent to cause offensive physical contact.

The NAP doesn't really allow for going around intentionally initiating physical harm to other people.
So then, he can sue me, but I won't be arrested for "assault". Good to know, though that should have been fairly obvious.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0