30%
Gay/Part of LGTBQ Community
40%

Total votes: 10

heydaralon

Re: Why Don't You Smoke?

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Does vaping carry a risk of copd? I have no idea how it compares to cigarette smoke.
It's getting some major research in the UK. It appears that the US and Europe are coming at vaping from different directions.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... esearchers
The US National Institute on Drug Abuse has warned that e-cigarettes could contain “potentially toxic metal nanoparticles”. Vaping “might be less harmful than cigarettes”, the agency said, but more research was needed on its long-term effects.

By contrast, the UK agency Public Health England announced that e-cigarettes could be “95% less harmful than tobacco”
Monty, correct me if Im wrong, but isnt smoking more widespread and socially acceptable in Europe? Do they demonize it the way they do over here?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Does vaping carry a risk of copd? I have no idea how it compares to cigarette smoke.
We are the test group. I have no doubt inhaling anything other than oxygen is horrible for you, but they dont know the full health risks yet. Supposedly studies have shown its less bad than smoking so idk.
Not to nit pick but inhaling only oxygen will kill you.
http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/why-does ... n-kill-you
Welp, thats another thing ppl gotta worry about now. Ive heard inhaling pure oxygen feels great though.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 am

heydaralon wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
It's getting some major research in the UK. It appears that the US and Europe are coming at vaping from different directions.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... esearchers
The US National Institute on Drug Abuse has warned that e-cigarettes could contain “potentially toxic metal nanoparticles”. Vaping “might be less harmful than cigarettes”, the agency said, but more research was needed on its long-term effects.

By contrast, the UK agency Public Health England announced that e-cigarettes could be “95% less harmful than tobacco”
Monty, correct me if Im wrong, but isnt smoking more widespread and socially acceptable in Europe? Do they demonize it the way they do over here?
Oh no. It is just as demonised here. Even in France you can't smoke in any indoor public place. Even at Glastonbury you can't smoke in a big top if it has more than one wall on it.
I'm fine with that, it's anti-social and can harm others around you. Doesn't stop the air in central London being 200 times more likely to give you cancer than passive smoking but they are working on that too.
Where it goes too far is stupid laws where if you are a professional driver and your vehicle is driven by other people on other days(even if they smoke) you cannot smoke while in it.
The only thing stopping them banning it outright are the tobacco lobbies and the huge tax revenues.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am

We finally got around to banning it at the parks where I live. I don't think any of these smokers cared one bit about polluting running trails with tobacco smoke. There's nothing like running through a giant cloud of cancer smoke during your tempo run.. :hand:

Smokers really know how to burn bridges. Nobody likes them anymore. There can be some grossly unfair regulation targeting them and I just don't care any longer.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:We finally got around to banning it at the parks where I live. I don't think any of these smokers cared one bit about polluting running trails with tobacco smoke. There's nothing like running through a giant cloud of cancer smoke during your tempo run.. :hand:

Smokers really know how to burn bridges. Nobody likes them anymore. There can be some grossly unfair regulation targeting them and I just don't care any longer.
You're part of the problem.

If we ever meet, I'll be sure to blow a cloud of smoke in your face.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:We finally got around to banning it at the parks where I live. I don't think any of these smokers cared one bit about polluting running trails with tobacco smoke. There's nothing like running through a giant cloud of cancer smoke during your tempo run.. :hand:

You're part of the problem.

If we ever meet, I'll be sure to blow a cloud of smoke in your face.

Then we'd be fighting, and no matter the outcome, you'd be going to jail for assault and battery. Blowing a cloud of smoke in people's face is assault, dipshit. You just illustrated why nobody likes smokers.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 am

We need obesity to be treated like smoking.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

California wrote:We need obesity to be treated like smoking.

You are correct.

We already kind of do. We make them buy tickets for two plane seats, etc. Employers are starting to penalize obese employees because of the burden they place on the company health insurance program. The more they bitch about FAES and other such nonsense, the more people turn on them too.

I feel bad for the people who hate it and feel trapped in it. I think we need to provide better services to help people lose weight, and the industry that rose up to fill that niche has NO INTENTION of actually helping these people.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Yeah and fuck those guys who don't wear helmets and have motorbike accidents. Same with anyone who gets a sporting injury. They are burdens on society and should recieve no medical care, they did this to themselves. Hernias after lifting too many weights, throw them out of the country and revoke their citizenship.
:roll:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Yeah and fuck those guys who don't wear helmets and have motorbike accidents. Same with anyone who gets a sporting injury. They are burdens on society and should recieve no medical care, they did this to themselves. Hernias after lifting too many weights, throw them out of the country and revoke their citizenship.
:roll:

To an extent: agree.

People who ride bikes without helmets, participate in highly dangerous sports, etc., should certainly pay a higher premium on health insurance.

Think of it in insurance terms. If you speed all the time and get tickets, what does the insurer do? They increase your premium because you are high risk. If you cause an accident, then they increase your premium.

Likewise, if you get into motorcycle accident and it turns out you weren't wearing a helmet, I don't see why the health insurer shouldn't be able to say, yeah, fuck you pal, your premium just went up.

It's funny how you tried to inject a sporting injury into the mix of arguably justifiable reasons to penalize people. Weird how it turns out one of the few things that will take the loads of fat off your body should be considered just as dangerous as having loads of fat on your body..