Ex-California

Re: Why Don't You Smoke?

Post by Ex-California » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:08 am

Hastur wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Regular smoker. Fuck everybody :lol:
Do. Not. Do. This. To. Your. Kids.
Easy to say. Hard to do. But I agree.

I used to smoke. Started when I was 16. Had long periods when I didn't smoke and used Snus instead. However, the urge for a cigarette never went away. Until I started vaping that is. Now I don't have any urge for tobacco any more. It's like that part of the brain is gone. I feel an urge for the vape instead but that is a lot less powerful. I can ignore it with no effort.
100% vaping cured me as well. Now I don't vape either. I recently started chewing seeds when I drive but that's a habit, not an addiction.

In my other periods of being quit, a cig would smell really good, or I'd see someone in a car smoking and wish I could be doing that. Vaping killed all of that
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:14 am

California wrote:
Hastur wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Do. Not. Do. This. To. Your. Kids.
Easy to say. Hard to do. But I agree.

I used to smoke. Started when I was 16. Had long periods when I didn't smoke and used Snus instead. However, the urge for a cigarette never went away. Until I started vaping that is. Now I don't have any urge for tobacco any more. It's like that part of the brain is gone. I feel an urge for the vape instead but that is a lot less powerful. I can ignore it with no effort.
100% vaping cured me as well. Now I don't vape either. I recently started chewing seeds when I drive but that's a habit, not an addiction.

In my other periods of being quit, a cig would smell really good, or I'd see someone in a car smoking and wish I could be doing that. Vaping killed all of that
Same experience. Such a relief. I could stop vaping as well. Now I just do it when watching TV or playing computer games. It keeps me from biting my nails.
Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most beneficial things you can eat to improve prostate health. Fuck cancer.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 am

Im glad that this a smoker forum. I use e cigarettes and will continue to do so. They will have to put me in an iron lung before I even think about stopping. And thats the bottom line!
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 am

I've looked into vaping before. The shit they put in that fluid is not fit for human consumption. I'm genuinely unsure which is worse for you..
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:08 am

I've been vaping for six years, now. I started with 1.8 strength and am now down to .3.

Cigarettes were a constantly on my mind addiction. Vaping is not. If I leave my battery at home and we're going out for awhile, it's no big deal. I often go for several hours before my body asks for it. I imagine at some point soon, the desire will completely fade.

What a difference!

@ Grumps - Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin are both GRAS (generally regarded as safe.) While they aren't the best thing to consume, it's far better than the shit they put into cigarettes.

Cigarettes contain
-Hydrogen cyanide.
-Formaldehyde.
-Lead.
-Arsenic.
-Ammonia.
-Radioactive elements, such as uranium (see below)
-Benzene.
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I've looked into vaping before. The shit they put in that fluid is not fit for human consumption. I'm genuinely unsure which is worse for you..
Check out the vape shack website. Their banana flavor is the best juice Ive ever had. Give it a shot bro. You might like it.
Shikata ga nai

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 am

Does vaping carry a risk of copd? I have no idea how it compares to cigarette smoke.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 am

MilSpecs wrote:Does vaping carry a risk of copd? I have no idea how it compares to cigarette smoke.
It's getting some major research in the UK. It appears that the US and Europe are coming at vaping from different directions.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... esearchers
The US National Institute on Drug Abuse has warned that e-cigarettes could contain “potentially toxic metal nanoparticles”. Vaping “might be less harmful than cigarettes”, the agency said, but more research was needed on its long-term effects.

By contrast, the UK agency Public Health England announced that e-cigarettes could be “95% less harmful than tobacco”
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am

MilSpecs wrote:Does vaping carry a risk of copd? I have no idea how it compares to cigarette smoke.
We are the test group. I have no doubt inhaling anything other than oxygen is horrible for you, but they dont know the full health risks yet. Supposedly studies have shown its less bad than smoking so idk.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:59 am

heydaralon wrote:
We are the test group. I have no doubt inhaling anything other than oxygen is horrible for you, but they dont know the full health risks yet. Supposedly studies have shown its less bad than smoking so idk.
Not to nit pick but inhaling only oxygen will kill you.
http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/why-does ... n-kill-you
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.