Highly Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, survey finds

LVH2

Re: Highly Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, survey finds

Post by LVH2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:This forum is an excellent case study.
Every forum I've ever been on is an excellent case study.

I can see it, since a lot of the stuff you think about when mentally ill involves some level of detachment and complexity.

In poker, there are levels of thinking. "What do I have? What do I think he has? What does he think I have? What does he think, I think he has?"

Obviously, it requires some intelligence to get far into that stuff. I think it obviously parallels things like social anxiety. "If I say X, it will be interpreted as Y, or will they realize I'm saying X to seem normal, which will make me seem even weirder..."

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 am

I never got good enough at hand reading, outside of home games. The skill spike after Moneymaker got steep fast.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I never got good enough at hand reading, outside of home games. The skill spike after Moneymaker got steep fast.
It's all about position and being dealt good hands anyway. ;)
That and hoping the guy you've identified as the sucker at the table doesn't keep hitting all his rivers. :(
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I never got good enough at hand reading, outside of home games. The skill spike after Moneymaker got steep fast.
That and hoping the guy you've identified as the sucker at the table doesn't keep hitting all his rivers. :(
Don’t get me wrong, I can stick fuck a low limit game up. It’s just that I can tell I’m always behind the ball at higher levels.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:39 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, I can stick fuck a low limit game up. It’s just that I can tell I’m always behind the ball at higher levels.
I checked the MHF poker club this week and noticed Clubby has been waiting for his membership to be accepted for months. Maybe we should try to get a game together again.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:46 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
I checked the MHF poker club this week and noticed Clubby has been waiting for his membership to be accepted for months. Maybe we should try to get a game together again.
Just don’t schedule it during the goddamn super bowl this time. :lol:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Just don’t schedule it during the goddamn super bowl this time. :lol:
I've been in touch with them and they've promised to move the Superbowl if it clashes again. They added that no one is watching football anymore anyway and asked how much we wanted for the broadcasting rights to our game.
I said we didn't want to be sullied by corporate sponsorship but they could broadcast the national anthem kneeling before the game if they wanted it.