Gratitude Training

MilSpecs

Re: Gratitude Training

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tupperware is planning on relaunching in the UK five decades after its first British sales party. But did the brand propel suburban women into the world of entrepreneurship or reinforce stereotypes?

It conjures up an era when throwing a party to sell airtight storage containers was the pinnacle of a lady's social calendar.

Think Tupperware, and the associations are of a retro, pre-feminist world in which housewives briefly put aside their aprons to discuss the best way to store their husband's dinner ingredients.

To its critics, the brand symbolises an era in which female lives revolved around domestic drudgery.

But to its latter-day enthusiasts, it represents a breakthrough by millions of ordinary women into the world of business which left a small but highly significant dent in the glass ceiling.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13331830
In 2003, Tupperware parties were axed in Britain with the loss of 1,700 jobs.

Now, however, the company is preparing to re-enter the UK market. Richard Brett of London public relations agency Shine, which has been hired by Tupperware to spearhead its re-launch, believes a crucial component of the Tupperware brand is the role it played in bringing about social change.

"Part of Tupperware's whole story is the way they have empowered women historically, and still do so today all over the world," he says.
Tupperware changed the world...
Before Tupperware, everything got stored in Corningware, which was glass. The handle stuck up so you couldn't stack them, they were heavier, and we broke them all the time. Tupperware was a practical solution to food storage. And now we bring lunch to work in it. All Hail the Tupperware Lady!
:royalty-queen:

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 am

Perhaps this could be an antidote to Gratitud:

Better Never to Have Been
The suggestion that life is worse than most people think is often met with indignation. How dare I tell you how poor the quality of your life is! Surely the quality of your life is as good as it seems to you? Put another way, if your life feels as though it has more good than bad, how could you possibly be mistaken?

It is curious that the same logic is rarely applied to those who are depressed or suicidal. In these cases, most optimists are inclined to think that subjective assessments can be mistaken. However, if the quality of life can be underestimated it can also be overestimated. Indeed, unless one collapses the distinction between how much good and bad one’s life actually contains and how much of each a person thinks it contains, it becomes clear that people can be mistaken about the former. Both overestimation and underestimation of life’s quality are possible, but empirical evidence of various cognitive biases, most importantly an optimism bias, suggests that overestimation is the more common error.
And then point them here instead:

Church of Euthanasia

:twisted:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:50 am

Hastur wrote:Perhaps this could be an antidote to Gratitud:

Better Never to Have Been
The suggestion that life is worse than most people think is often met with indignation. How dare I tell you how poor the quality of your life is! Surely the quality of your life is as good as it seems to you? Put another way, if your life feels as though it has more good than bad, how could you possibly be mistaken?

It is curious that the same logic is rarely applied to those who are depressed or suicidal. In these cases, most optimists are inclined to think that subjective assessments can be mistaken. However, if the quality of life can be underestimated it can also be overestimated. Indeed, unless one collapses the distinction between how much good and bad one’s life actually contains and how much of each a person thinks it contains, it becomes clear that people can be mistaken about the former. Both overestimation and underestimation of life’s quality are possible, but empirical evidence of various cognitive biases, most importantly an optimism bias, suggests that overestimation is the more common error.
And then point them here instead:

Church of Euthanasia

:twisted:
OMG! :lol:

The seminar does train you to look at every little sucky project is a "get to." There are no "have to's" in your new world. You GET to do your taxes. You GET to clean the cat puke off the floor.

I keep wondering - if everything is a get to, than nothing is, really.

Person A: I get to go on a cruise!
Person B: I get to have my teeth pulled!

One is a lie, no matter how much training you pay for.
Account abandoned.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:40 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:We should create our own for-profit training program religion.
I could offer a lot of advice on the topic. I have experience in this. ;)
Pray the Gun away!