Gratitude Training

K@th

Gratitude Training

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm

It's a LGAT/not-a-cult cult.

Have you heard of it? I'm starting to lose friends because I refuse to be recruited. It's an offshoot of Lifespring.
Account abandoned.

adwinistrator

Re: Gratitude Training

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Never heard of it, but they seem pretty fucking wacko.

When you need to answer "Is this a cult?" in your FAQ, and the best answer you can come up with is "What's a cult, really? Anyways, some cults can be good!"
Is Gratitude Training a Cult?
The term "cult" is confusing because it is ambiguous — infused with a variety of meanings depending on who uses it — and for which purpose it is used. The usage of the term will often tell you more about the beliefs of the person using it than those being described by it. Not all groups that could in one way or another be defined, sociologically, as cults are necessarily destructive. For instance, not every high-demand group requires its members to cut off normal contact with friends and family. A good initial check is to ask, how does Gratitude Training impact a person’s health, wealth and/or personal relationships?

Depending on the definition of the one using the word, Gratitude Training may or may not be a cult. The vision of all those who are drawn to Gratitude Training are similar. The diehards outside the company are said to be a “part of the Gratitude Community”. The diehards inside the company are said to be a “part of Gratitude Training and Jo Englesson's vision”. Their symbols are different but their devotion to the cause is the same: to make a profound difference in the world.

If we neutrally look upon the word “cult” we can simply recognize that there is a deep faith...something irrational that all those who believe in the trainings share. And, we’d be right. Jo Englesson, Gratitude Training, the employees and loyal graduates all exist to push the boundaries. They all fancy a good revolution.

Just because Gratitude Training’s “why” is so clear does not mean that everyone is drawn to it. Some people like us and some people don’t. Some people embrace us and some people are repelled by us. But, it cannot be denied we stand for something: Love and Gratitude for all.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm

It's really becoming a thing down here. I know at least 30 people who've been through it. For some, they took the good and left the rest, but others... OMG

They volunteer countless hours to "staff" meetings for new recruits. (They basically prevent recruits from leaving.)

And, they hound me, constantly. Any time I'm having a bad day, it's because I haven't been through the training.

I know plenty about it, just wondering how prevalent it's become, because down here, it's many people's "everything." Oy.

Oh, and if you want to become paid staff (rather than the volunteering,) that training sets you back $15K.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Sounds like some Kevin Spacey-American Beauty-level gratitude.

Make sure they have nice sneakers.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Kath wrote:It's really becoming a thing down here. I know at least 30 people who've been through it. For some, they took the good and left the rest, but others... OMG

They volunteer countless hours to "staff" meetings for new recruits. (They basically prevent recruits from leaving.)

And, they hound me, constantly. Any time I'm having a bad day, it's because I haven't been through the training.

I know plenty about it, just wondering how prevalent it's become, because down here, it's many people's "everything." Oy.

Oh, and if you want to become paid staff (rather than the volunteering,) that training sets you back $15K.

:shock:
Thanks for the heads up Kath, hadn't heard of it, but I will have my Spidey senses going for it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Hey, do the LGAT leaders get to have multiple wives, do new members need to give up all there wealth for the good of the group, and will there be Kool-Aid at the last gathering ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:Hey, do the LGAT leaders get to have multiple wives, do new members need to give up all there wealth for the good of the group, and will there be Kool-Aid at the last gathering ?
A. not sure
B. No, but several thousands of it
C. No free beverages, but you can buy additional training for additional cash.

It seems more like Scientology to me than an actual cult.

But the buzzwords... OY, they all talk like robots

"I've authored this into my life for some reason and now I get to figure out my own truth."

Seriously - they all sound exactly alike - it's like a mad-lib.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Fife wrote:Sounds like some Kevin Spacey-American Beauty-level gratitude.

Make sure they have nice sneakers.

Nikes and tropical fusion Kool Aid or fuck off.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm

First I've heard of it. Definitely sounds like a cult, tho.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 pm

We should create our own for-profit training program religion.