Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, study finds

SilverEagle

Re: Intelligent people more at risk of mental illness, study finds

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 am

Last edited by SilverEagle on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 am

/r/iamverysmart
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am

California wrote:/r/iamverysmart
See my new book, “How to Outsmart the Farts. (Antifarts, that is.)”
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 am

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Note how even in his memes GCF wants to take us all out along with himself. :clap:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm

SilverEagle wrote:Fuck you heydaralon and Fuck you Nuke.
Nice edit. :lol:
Same week you fell from being a monte and became a daralon too. Commiserations :violin:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 pm

SilverEagle wrote:Fuck you heydaralon and Fuck you Nuke.

Silver, I understand you are upset right now. It is only natural for an average mind such as yours to resort to crude language in the face of high-minded concepts and ideas such as mine. You may have deleted your posts, but I have them saved in digital stone and will use them for a presentation I am doing at Devry. This weekend I will be a keynote speaker there discussing logical fallacies foolish people make in internet arguments. Your posts displayed all of them, and many in the Devry academic community will enjoy dissecting your comments with great scorn. I will probably be invited back to give another talk, but it will depend on my schedule (I will be watching Elon Musk videos all through November).

While it is clear to me that you certainly possess no natural intelligence, I believe with training and proper guidance, you can be molded into a true internet gentleman and atheist extraordinaire. I must warn you I will give you a hand up but no hand outs. Just because my insight and wisdom came to me naturally, does not mean I will readily or easily impart a small portion of my mind unto you if I think you are not making an effort. For your first lesson, I will attempt to instill bedrock principles of reason into your mind. The required text is The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. In order to understand why Christianity is so absurd and illogical, you must read and summarize Dawkins crucial ideas and submit them to me in a 5 page paper. I will check for grammatical errors as well, so please do not start on this paper the night before it is due. You will also need to start watching Neil DeGrasse Tyson videos on science. Tyson can be a bit difficult to follow (for some people) so pay close attention to his arguments on why God is not real. Again, this is very technical stuff, so I will understand if you have difficulty getting his message. Once you watch Tyson and read Dawkins, perhaps you at least grasp the self awareness to acknowledge your internet faux paus'.

Please keep in mind, that even though you do not possess the mental wherewithal for Everest College, I am close friends with several people who work for the University of Phoenix admissions office. In the past, I have done some pro-bono recruiting work for them on reddit. This university is named after the 8th largest city in the United States (perhaps you've heard of it). You may feel overwhelmed with the assignments I've given you, but bear in mind that as a student at this institution, these assignments would be average undergraduate coursework. If you are not prepared to fully understand Bill Nye or Tyson, how can you thrive on the virtual campus? It would do you well to remember that I am in quite good standing with these folks, and I will not make a recommendation for your acceptance there if you keep insulting me online and denying climate change. Don't lose hope young fellow! You have not been able to withstand my verbal ripostes, but I do feel that your rough and dull mind can be polished into a precious gem. You might never soar like an eagle, but under my tutelage, you can indeed be silver. The gold is reserved for me, and I don't just mean on reddit. Take care good sir, and please send me a personal message so we can begin your lesson plan!
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I preferred the hopelessness and emptiness of the BSG reboot.

They are on the run trying to escape extinction, looking for a new home, and there's literally nothing out there. It speaks to me.
The ruthless mission pace of the pilot spoke to me.

https://www.hulu.com/watch/186582#i0,p0,d0

/edit, not the pilot. the first episode of the first season following the pilot.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:57 am