Severe WiFi Hack: WPA2 “KRACK Attack” Threatens WiFi Users Around The World

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Severe WiFi Hack: WPA2 “KRACK Attack” Threatens WiFi Users Around The World

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:We need to overhaul the entire protocol.
That's the bizarre part of this. The researchers already have a solution - using rotating keys. It's so common sense, that I suspect there's a reason it wasn't done in the first place. They might have stumbled across one of the IC backdoors..in which case, this will get interesting quickly.

You are close to the truth.

Hint: take the word security out of NSA and replace it with the word vulnerability.
EF745D13-0E10-48E7-A328-BC4D75D87462.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am

The Conservative wrote:
We need to overhaui the internet and security as a whole, this isn't just a single "patch fix"... the problem is that people are not going to want to do what needs to be done.

You'll just get more vulnerabilities, honestly.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 am

The Conservative wrote:
We need to overhaui the internet and security as a whole, this isn't just a single "patch fix"... the problem is that people are not going to want to do what needs to be done.

Not if it's done correctly. The point of the internet originally was free sharing data/information/documentation. The layers of security was added on later.

If we take it as security first, information exchange later, the internet would be a lot better off.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:11 am

The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Not if it's done correctly. The point of the internet originally was free sharing data/information/documentation. The layers of security was added on later.

If we take it as security first, information exchange later, the internet would be a lot better off.
That's the kind of hubris that creates more vulnerabilities.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

The Conservative wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

That’s the kind of IT/Security nerd thinking that makes products unproductive at best and unusable at worst
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 am

California wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

That’s the kind of IT/Security nerd thinking that makes products unproductive at best and unusable at worst
Wrong, I use that same kind of mentality for the stuff we do here at where I work. I've implemented my own "Internet 2.1" security, and so far there are no complaints whatsoever. I've asked for them too so I can streamline and resolve issues as they come forward.
#NotOneRedCent