130db (loud enough)

Speaker to Animals

Re: 130db (loud enough)

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:28 pm

It would be a gray area, since he's not using real flash powder. It's not really an explosive.

State law might be vague enough to cover it even if federal law does not.

Because this is technically an offensive weapon, I strongly advise you cease and desist. I realize you probably won't be able to build one, but in light of recent events, the feds will *not* be gentle with you, even if it's a gray area. And rounding up some autist who merely talked about and bought some components makes good headlines after their big failures.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:I have been working on finalizing a concept of a re-usable flashbang. (I'll be testing it out for the first time in a few weeks) I have worked on a system that has a 360 degree, 40K Lumen flash (1 Million candlepower), with a 130db noise capability.

I am looking to up it to between 140 to 150db if possible.

It's a little larger than a soda can, and I am working on creating a trigger system with it so that it can take between instantaneous to 5 seconds to "detonate"

Now the thing with a flashbang that is common with them is also a "force" wall that comes with the bang, if I utilize pure sound at 130db would that wall of force be negated?
You better do some research into legality of that before you end up in Federal Pound me in the Ass Prison.
This is not going to be used for general usage or sold to the public, I am doing this for a "non-violent" version for police, and possibly military if it gets attention in the right way.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
If TC manages to send me a mail bomb that actually functions, the universe will end shortly afterwards. :lol:

There'd just be an item on his local news station one evening, and then radio silence on the MHF.
I'll keep an eye out on the local Boston stations for "Local Autist Arrested for Plotting Sonic Bombing Campaign Against Other Users of Obscure Online Neo-Nazi Forum." :shifty:
:laughing-rollingred:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm

The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:I have been working on finalizing a concept of a re-usable flashbang. (I'll be testing it out for the first time in a few weeks) I have worked on a system that has a 360 degree, 40K Lumen flash (1 Million candlepower), with a 130db noise capability.

I am looking to up it to between 140 to 150db if possible.

It's a little larger than a soda can, and I am working on creating a trigger system with it so that it can take between instantaneous to 5 seconds to "detonate"

Now the thing with a flashbang that is common with them is also a "force" wall that comes with the bang, if I utilize pure sound at 130db would that wall of force be negated?
You better do some research into legality of that before you end up in Federal Pound me in the Ass Prison.
This is not going to be used for general usage or sold to the public, I am doing this for a "non-violent" version for police, and possibly military if it gets attention in the right way.
Be careful buddy.
I don't want to see you in prison getting finger paintings from your son you are so proud of, while Butch the Biker raises your son and takes care of your wife; all the while your wife is on government assistance to pay for Butch and her to go to Juggalo events.............. I end up paying for you to be in prison getting plowed by one of Nukedogs friends, I pay for your wife and kid on gov assistance and end up supporting Butch the Juggalo Biker too.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Be careful buddy.
I don't want to see you in prison getting finger paintings from your son you are so proud of, while Butch the Biker raises your son and takes care of your wife; all the while your wife is on government assistance to pay for Butch and her to go to Juggalo events.............. I end up paying for you to be in prison getting plowed by one of Nukedogs friends, I pay for your wife and kid on gov assistance and end up supporting Butch the Juggalo Biker too.
Again, this isn’t going into anyone’s hands except police and/or military.

If they don’t accept it, I drop it. Of course I’ll have the prototypes, but it will never see Public domain.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Police would never use it. You added too much complexity to a critical device. It's like those techno guns with all the chips and whatnot to keep them from firing in the wrong hands. Nobody wants that because you just injected into a critical system multiple points of failure. Bad idea.

Also, any high frequency noise at that level could inflict permanent ear damage. It's doubly not effective. You need a "bang" which is the product of an explosion, not just a loud noise.

I mean.. you could use a loud noise, but then it's no longer something that doesn't inflict lasting damage on people.

Then there is the battery problem. I am not sure you have worked out how much juice you likely would need to power the equivalent of an LED bar on a redneck's 4x4 and the sound system in some whigger's Honda civic at the same time.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:46 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Police would never use it. You added too much complexity to a critical device. It's like those techno guns with all the chips and whatnot to keep them from firing in the wrong hands. Nobody wants that because you just injected into a critical system multiple points of failure. Bad idea.

Also, any high frequency noise at that level could inflict permanent ear damage. It's doubly not effective. You need a "bang" which is the product of an explosion, not just a loud noise.

I mean.. you could use a loud noise, but then it's no longer something that doesn't inflict lasting damage on people.

Then there is the battery problem. I am not sure you have worked out how much juice you likely would need to power the equivalent of an LED bar on a redneck's 4x4 and the sound system in some whigger's Honda civic at the same time.
130db is used on a personal panic system, and the flash needs to last less than a few ms. So the requirement for the battery to last a long period of time is minimal.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Police would never use it. You added too much complexity to a critical device. It's like those techno guns with all the chips and whatnot to keep them from firing in the wrong hands. Nobody wants that because you just injected into a critical system multiple points of failure. Bad idea.

130db is used on a personal panic system, and the flash needs to last less than a few ms. So the requirement for the battery to last a long period of time is minimal.
Not that you should be doing this at all, but you don't need any batteries for this. Just a large capacitor. Try not to kill yourself with it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Not that you should be doing this at all, but you don't need any batteries for this. Just a large capacitor. Try not to kill yourself with it.
I know, I already have one set up for this... I'm not worried about that, it charges and dissapates without an issue.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 am

I wasn't talking about how long the batteries must last. I was talking about how many batteries you would need. This thing might be a lot bigger, and heavier, than you think because of the batteries.