I was just banned from the"Hardcore History with Dan Carlin" FB group.

SuburbanFarmer

Re: I was just banned from the"Hardcore History with Dan Carlin" FB group.

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:37 am

Nukedog wrote:Where's the oil?
Aramco = America's Oil

keep your fucking troops out of my sight, bitch
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:39 am

So we invaded Saudi Arabia? What's your point? You said we invaded for oil.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 am

Nukedog wrote:So we invaded Saudi Arabia? What's your point? You said we invaded for oil.
thought you were woke?

9/11 hijackers almost all Saudis. America invents some bullshit, and snap-invades 2 other countries instead. Why?

Saudi oil = America's oil. They're our special vassal state, and protected by the MIC as a strategic resource.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 am

Destabilizing competitors oil feilds is a plausible motive, I just wanted to shoot down that "we invaded them for oil," nonsense. It would almost be better if we did actually seize something to make it worth our while. Not that cheap oil benefits our economy in any way.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:29 am

Nukedog wrote:Destabilizing competitors oil feilds is a plausible motive, I just wanted to shoot down that "we invaded them for oil," nonsense. It would almost be better if we did actually seize something to make it worth our while. Not that cheap oil benefits our economy in any way.
Oh sure. That’s how we keep cranking out plastic bullshit, and import/export all over the world. It’s about transportation, baby.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am

Iraq was not selling oil to any large degree before the war. The result of the war was lifting the embargo, which flooded supply a little. That war did not help the Saudis one bit.

Also, Iraq is now under Iran's influence. That sucks for House Saud.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:35 am

I get what Grumps is saying but he couches it in such ridiculous conspiratorial terms, he loses the rhetorical debate. Bush Sr. was an oil man, very close to the Saudis. Bush Jr. was influenced by Cheney & the other NeoCons to pursue activities that were obviously dishonest, and ultimately counter to America's best interests. It's the NeoCons who should be held accountable. Cheney belongs in jail.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 am

Martin Hash wrote:I get what Grumps is saying but he couches it in such ridiculous conspiratorial terms, he loses the rhetorical debate. Bush Sr. was an oil man, very close to the Saudis. Bush Jr. was influenced by Cheney & the other NeoCons to pursue activities that were obviously dishonest, and ultimately counter to America's best interests. It's the NeoCons who should be held accountable. Cheney belongs in jail.
Agree on all counts, but I'm a little confused why you wouldn't call it a conspiracy. Bushy would do anything it takes to secure his family's 'special relationship' with Saud. That's just business as usual in your opinion?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I get what Grumps is saying but he couches it in such ridiculous conspiratorial terms, he loses the rhetorical debate. Bush Sr. was an oil man, very close to the Saudis. Bush Jr. was influenced by Cheney & the other NeoCons to pursue activities that were obviously dishonest, and ultimately counter to America's best interests. It's the NeoCons who should be held accountable. Cheney belongs in jail.
Agree on all counts, but I'm a little confused why you wouldn't call it a conspiracy. Bushy would do anything it takes to secure his family's 'special relationship' with Saud. That's just business as usual in your opinion?
If you mean going to war with Iraq? No. That's NeoCon bullshit. Letting the Saudi's use restricted airspace immediately after 9/11 so that they could escape American retribution - you're right.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:27 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

The House of Saud has been working us since the first meeting with FDR on the USS Quincy. When the Ibn Saud demanded the meeting wouldn't take place unless he could bring his goats on to our war ship we should have known it was going to be weird fucked relationship.

Hold the NeoCons accountable, I'm good with that, but if you leave out there ugly wicked stepmother the Progressives you'll never fix it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience