So you should never hit a woman.....right????

Speaker to Animals

Re: So you should never hit a woman.....right????

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:56 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:No, it's not a subjective thing at all. The defender has the right to self-defense.
I invite you to shoot the next eight year old that kicks you and explain that to the judge.

I invite you to actually read self-defense laws before presenting bogus examples.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

DBTrek wrote:You want a real example:
De'Andre Johnson did ten days in jail.

Yeah, that's the example we already presented. The consequence of that double standard you just presented is for men like the victim in the OP to die because they chose to take the beating rather than defend themselves because they don't want their lives ruined as happened to De'Andre Johnson.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:19 pm

/shrug

Given you reasoned explanation and empirical proof.
Don't know what else I can do for you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

You gave an example that demonstrates exactly what the rest of us are saying. What happened to that QB sent a clear signal to men that the courts will *not* recognize their human rights even when the law clearly justifies them.

You for God damned well know that, had the initial aggressor been another male, it wouldn't be QB stewing in lockup for ten days because he was not the initial aggressor and he acted in self-defense

The consequences of the double standard, aside from making a mockery of the constitution and rule of law, is for men to decide to take the abuse for fear of being locked up and socially ruined in addition to being victims of domestic abuse. The guy in OP gambled his life on his female partner's sympathy, and sorry but women don't really have much sympathy. They are different from us. Don't ever gamble your life on that.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm

You see double standard.
The courts and I (and DeAndre) see disproportionate and unnecessary force.

You can certainly defend yourself.
You can't resort to disproportionate force to meet the threat without consequences.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm

DBTrek wrote:You see double standard.
The courts and I (and DeAndre) see disproportionate and unnecessary force.

You can certainly defend yourself.
You can't resort to disproportionate force to meet the threat without consequences.

And the person who attacked him was charged with??

The law gives you the right to strike back in self-defense. Last I lived in Florida, it didn't say you had self-defense rights unless the person attacking you has a vagina, dude.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't know if what charges were brought against her, if any.

If he wanted to bring charges I don't see why he couldn't, but I imagine his attorney probably told him just to let it go because continued media exposure would be bad for his career.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 pm

No charges were brought against her even though she launched an unprovoked attack, and kneed him in the groin when he tried to more peacefully restrain her from further attacks.

The consequences of double standard examples like this (and they are legion) are the deaths of innocent men like the man in the OP.

If women are going to be treated by the law as unaccountable children, then I want them removed from the voter registrations and any position of power and responsibility that requires people to be held accountable for their actions and failures.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:No charges were brought against her even though she launched an unprovoked attack, and kneed him in the groin when he tried to more peacefully restrain her from further attacks.

The consequences of double standard examples like this (and they are legion) are the deaths of innocent men like the man in the OP.

If women are going to be treated by the law as unaccountable children, then I want them removed from the voter registrations and any position of power and responsibility that requires people to be held accountable for their actions and failures.
Reasonable line of argument.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0