Back from the South with Random Thoughts ...

C-Mag

Re: Back from the South with Random Thoughts ...

Post by C-Mag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 pm

No. 8 Wazzu just put up 55 first half points on Arizona

College Football really needs a 8 team tournament. If they did, right now this year the first round games would be
Alabama vs Washington State
Notre Dame vs Oklahoma
Clemson vs LSU
Michigan vs Georgia

That would be a great tournament
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 pm
West Virginia is not the South.
I recently spent a couple weeks in central West Virginia, in the foothills of the Alleghany's. WV has some characteristics of the South, but it's not the same. My observations follows.

Religion: For every ten churches you saw, 5 Baptist, 4 Methodist, 1 other. But oddly, Catholic worship on the radio.
Food: Sucks, it's mostly chain food.
Wealth:extremely concentrated in the larger towns.
Roads are good and well maintained, even secondary roads. Lots of tiny dying and dead towns. There is small town every few miles it seems. Many of them 10 houses or less built around the streams that run through the mountains. Almost everyone of these towns had at least one house flying the stars and bars. Most of the properties I saw were fairly well maintained. Like everywhere in America, drugs are an issue. Lots of news stories about Opioid addiction. The people were warm and friendly, but not overly outgoing. WV in the Alleghany's is almost universally white.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:08 am
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 pm
West Virginia is not the South.
I recently spent a couple weeks in central West Virginia, in the foothills of the Alleghany's. WV has some characteristics of the South, but it's not the same. My observations follows.

Religion: For every ten churches you saw, 5 Baptist, 4 Methodist, 1 other. But oddly, Catholic worship on the radio.
Food: Sucks, it's mostly chain food.
Wealth:extremely concentrated in the larger towns.
Roads are good and well maintained, even secondary roads. Lots of tiny dying and dead towns. There is small town every few miles it seems. Many of them 10 houses or less built around the streams that run through the mountains. Almost everyone of these towns had at least one house flying the stars and bars. Most of the properties I saw were fairly well maintained. Like everywhere in America, drugs are an issue. Lots of news stories about Opioid addiction. The people were warm and friendly, but not overly outgoing. WV in the Alleghany's is almost universally white.
The opioid issues is nation wide, it hit WV hard after Obama decided to aim at their main source of income.

The mines were and are part of WV main source of income. We had family down there that were coal miners up to this latest generation. They are good people when you get to know them though.

Also, they aren’t outgoing any more because they got burned a few times by people/politicians.

When I was down there last they were very outgoing, of course it probably helped that my papa’s brother used to run one of the largest pharmacies down there, and one of my great aunts was a famous artist in the area.

But in reality, WV has hardened some.

Here is hoping Bethesda did right by them with Fallout 76. Although with what I seen so far it’s a 50/50 mix.
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Pssst.... hey dipshits, this is the college football thread.

:goteam: :drunk:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:23 pm

That might be a polite hint for her to take her monistat...
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am

Bammers and Sooners tonight.

Lots of fightin and fuckin among the best and brightest incoming.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53 am

Bitches need to get slapped the fuck out when they act like that. It is a female privilege to be able to attack men with no consequences and then have that man punished if he fights back in self-defense.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:55 am

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53 am
Bitches need to get slapped the fuck out when they act like that. It is a female privilege to be able to attack men with no consequences and then have that man punished if he fights back in self-defense.
Agree.

But I am stunned to see what looks like a wealthy middle aged white woman doing it. I wouldn’t know how to react lol
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:57 am

She's a bammer, sta. That's how she signals to her cousins that the pussy is ready and the race is on. A beautiful example of the intersectionality of biology, culture, and Jim Beam.

:goteam: :drunk: