kaepernick

From the Left

kaepernick

Post by From the Left » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:38 am

Long time NFL fan, 22 year serviceman so my opinion is only my own.
If Kaepernick put points on the board he'd be hired. He walked away from a multi-million contract with the 49ers thinking he could improve his bank account. NFL is a business before its a sport. The worst team (Jax Jaguars) in the NFL, would open Fort Knox if they thought Kaepernick could get them into the playoffs.
RG3 and others cause turmoil in the locker room and isn't on board with anyone. I remove Kaepernick's anthem protest from the equation.
He can protest, others can protest at NFL headquarters but bottom line no employer wants someone who will cause disruption in their organization.

Ex-California

Re: kaepernick

Post by Ex-California » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

From the Left wrote:Long time NFL fan, 22 year serviceman so my opinion is only my own.
If Kaepernick put points on the board he'd be hired. He walked away from a multi-million contract with the 49ers thinking he could improve his bank account. NFL is a business before its a sport. The worst team (Jax Jaguars) in the NFL, would open Fort Knox if they thought Kaepernick could get them into the playoffs.
RG3 and others cause turmoil in the locker room and isn't on board with anyone. I remove Kaepernick's anthem protest from the equation.
He can protest, others can protest at NFL headquarters but bottom line no employer wants someone who will cause disruption in their organization.
Its not as much about the disruption as it is his poor play. He's a backup QB at best, and no organization is going to go through the circus that would come iwht him for poor play. On the other hand, Marshawn Lynch and Michael Bennett are doing the same thing with the National Anthem and there's no way in hell any team would turn those two down
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

All I can say about Kaepernick is that South Park got it right. :lol: :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm

I'd add that QB is different than other positions, other players have much more lee way to make political statements, talk shit, complain, or whatever, but not the leader and most important member of the team.

Even watching Hard Knocks last night, when the rookies get up and sing in front of the team, the entire team takes its cues from Jameis, and Jameis goes out of his way to be inclusive etc, because he is learning to be a leader.

Listen, when Tom Brady got caught with his MAGA hat in the locker, what did he do? He shut up, stayed away from it and you never saw him with it again.

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:41 pm

From the Left wrote:Long time NFL fan, 22 year serviceman so my opinion is only my own.

You can always post your current NFL questions here:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2509

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Who died and made you the thread police?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:53 am

Some disruption is fine, people are not robots, but i have no sympathy for the way he goes about it. People in walmart don't talk to costumers about their politics on the job. He can do what he wants when he is not on the job.
apeman wrote:I'd add that QB is different than other positions, other players have much more lee way to make political statements, talk shit, complain, or whatever, but not the leader and most important member of the team.

Even watching Hard Knocks last night, when the rookies get up and sing in front of the team, the entire team takes its cues from Jameis, and Jameis goes out of his way to be inclusive etc, because he is learning to be a leader.

Listen, when Tom Brady got caught with his MAGA hat in the locker, what did he do? He shut up, stayed away from it and you never saw him with it again.
I prefer him having political opinions, getting away with it and not talking politics on the job. People need to understand that athletes are human the same way the guy who fixes your car has his own politics.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 am

I still think there's tons of similarities in Kaep's situation to that of Tim Tebow. Granted, in this case, the situation has blown way up with the protesting outside of league offices, etc.

But Tebow limped his way through some wins and into the playoffs. When no one picked him up, it was "OMGZ, you're not signing because he's religious and YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT REEEEEE" Tim Tebow was the Sex Panther of football. "60% of the time, he wins everytime."

No, Tebow faded into obscurity because he sucked balls and had the QB mechanics of rusty erector set built by someone with advanced Parkinson's and had no business playing NFL football. It had nothing to do with Tebow's faith. That off-the-field part of Tebow was blown out of proportion by the talking heads at ESPN, et al.

Maybe Kaep should try baseball?
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Funny how we all forget that last bit of offensive kneeling, in order to REEEE about this one.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:13 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Funny how we all forget that last bit of offensive kneeling, in order to REEEE about this one.
REEEEEEEE = cry?