Official Cannabis Federal Legalization thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Official Cannabis Federal Legalization thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

SilverEagle wrote:Also StA....ask yourself why do people drink alcohol and/or smoke cannabis? In most cases it's to relieve stress. Stress is just as bad and maybe even a bigger killer than alcohol. I would rather people use cannabis to relieve stress and anxiety than use alcohol or pills such as Xanax or SSRIs.

Yep. Back before the drug abuse epidemic, people were just dropping like flies from the scourge of stress.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

I would go by the research that shows a pretty harmful effect on minors' mental health and brain development. Research shows this stuff is actually pretty bad for you.

For me it's a matter of priorities. Heroin and meth are pretty high on the list compared to weed. I would rather decriminalize weed (except for selling it) and consolidate our resources on the bigger problems.

We could also secure the borders to further stymie the importation of contraband.
Alcohol is much worse for you than cannabis. Smoking it can be harmful,yes, but edibles..... no so much.

Again, that's not what the research tells us. I am willing to decriminalize people's drug abuse habits in this case, but I am not going to sit here and pretend like it's okay for you to do this.

Moderate alcohol consumption is not anywhere near as dangerous for you (it can actually be healthy in some cases). The only way this bogus comparison makes sense is if you compare the very worst (and probably dying) alcoholics to moderate potheads, which is ridiculous.
You mean the propaganda research that's funded by alcohol companies and their benefactors? :lol: Moderate alcohol use and moderate cannabis use are no different except for the fact that a person can get physically addicted to alcohol.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:18 pm

SilverEagle wrote:Also StA....ask yourself why do people drink alcohol and/or smoke cannabis? In most cases it's to relieve stress. Stress is just as bad and maybe even a bigger killer than alcohol. I would rather people use cannabis to relieve stress and anxiety than use alcohol or pills such as Xanax or SSRIs.

Yep. Back before the drug abuse epidemic, people were just dropping like flies from the scourge of stress.
My point is most people self medicate with alcohol, cannabis, or they are prescribed Xanax and/or SSRIs. If I had to put them in order of what I would rather people be on it would be....
1.Cannabis
2.Alcohol
3.Pills from a doctor.

Also stress is a big factor in heart disease, yes there of course is other factors but stress is a big one.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm

SilverEagle wrote:

My point is most people self medicate with alcohol, cannabis, or they are prescribed Xanax and/or SSRIs. If I had to put them in order of what I would rather people be on it would be....
1.Cannabis
2.Alcohol
3.Pills from a doctor.

Also stress is a big factor in heart disease, yes there of course is other factors but stress is a big one.

4. Meditation
5. Lifestyle change
6. Divorce the mean bitch
7. Move to Costa Rica

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:29 pm

SilverEagle wrote:

1.Cannabis
2.Alcohol
3.Pills from a doctor.

4. Meditation
5. Lifestyle change
7. Move to Costa Rica
There's a bunch of weed in Costa Rica tho
Shikata ga nai

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 pm

heydaralon wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
1.Cannabis
2.Alcohol
3.Pills from a doctor.

4. Meditation
5. Lifestyle change
7. Move to Costa Rica
There's a bunch of weed in Costa Rica tho
:lol:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 am

Well, well, well........ We might get legalization before 2020 which I always fully expected Trump to do. With major North Korea progress, high employment, good financial markets, and soon to be descheduled cannabis I don't see how Trump will loose 2020. MAGA. He's the President that we've needed for over 30 years. He's done more to bring this country back to where we started than any of the last 9 POTUS combined.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/julieweed/ ... 8eb1e19519

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

Federal Legalization won't happen until Swamp Creatures ensure Crony Capitalists are positioned to own the market.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am

That is the problem for them. To control it, they need it illegaply federally but not at the state level.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am
That is the problem for them. To control it, they need it illegaply federally but not at the state level.
Hardly. They just need to patent the “marijuana cigarette”, or the plants themselves. Then Congress legalizes only specific, patented strains of the plant.

Or they mandate that only “approved suppliers” can distribute pot. And build a billion-dollar agency to restrict it to tobacco companies.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0