Official Cannabis Federal Legalization thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Official Cannabis Federal Legalization thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:23 am

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:48 am

Way to go GCF. You can kill a thread like no one that I've ever met. lol
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 am

C-Mag wrote:
katarn wrote:It's like alcohol of cigarettes there- no minors allowed. If a local cop caught a kid with a can of beer he'd be in trouble, shouldn't be any different for weed based on current law.
:naughty:

But MJ is nothing but good for humans, why restrict it only to adults
I'm not offering an opinion on the law here. I do happen to think it shouldn't be as restricted as it is even in Colorado, as I lived there around the early days of legalization and saw only a few negative effects, although other people in the area certainly saw more than me. But as with most things, it's a liberty thing for me, and the possible harms to me of Joe plumber's weed is pretty small to nonexistent directly.

On the previous post though, the law is currently restricted towards minors. I believe we should generally enforce laws or remove them. Hence, we should arrest kids caught smoking weed since that is currently illegal, even though I have interacted with many weed smoking minors who are usually fairly normal, decent people (by the standards you can apply to teenagers) and don't think the laws should be so strict, based on that.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

SilverEagle wrote:Way to go GCF. You can kill a thread like no one that I've ever met. lol
:lol: Sure, blame it on the funny guy.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 pm

katarn wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
katarn wrote:It's like alcohol of cigarettes there- no minors allowed. If a local cop caught a kid with a can of beer he'd be in trouble, shouldn't be any different for weed based on current law.
:naughty:

I'm not offering an opinion on the law here. I do happen to think it shouldn't be as restricted as it is even in Colorado, as I lived there around the early days of legalization and saw only a few negative effects, although other people in the area certainly saw more than me. But as with most things, it's a liberty thing for me, and the possible harms to me of Joe plumber's weed is pretty small to nonexistent directly.

On the previous post though, the law is currently restricted towards minors. I believe we should generally enforce laws or remove them. Hence, we should arrest kids caught smoking weed since that is currently illegal, even though I have interacted with many weed smoking minors who are usually fairly normal, decent people (by the standards you can apply to teenagers) and don't think the laws should be so strict, based on that.

I would go by the research that shows a pretty harmful effect on minors' mental health and brain development. Research shows this stuff is actually pretty bad for you.

For me it's a matter of priorities. Heroin and meth are pretty high on the list compared to weed. I would rather decriminalize weed (except for selling it) and consolidate our resources on the bigger problems.

We could also secure the borders to further stymie the importation of contraband.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
katarn wrote:
C-Mag wrote: :naughty:

I would go by the research that shows a pretty harmful effect on minors' mental health and brain development. Research shows this stuff is actually pretty bad for you.

For me it's a matter of priorities. Heroin and meth are pretty high on the list compared to weed. I would rather decriminalize weed (except for selling it) and consolidate our resources on the bigger problems.

We could also secure the borders to further stymie the importation of contraband.
Alcohol is much worse for you than cannabis. Smoking it can be harmful,yes, but edibles..... no so much.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
katarn wrote:

Alcohol is much worse for you than cannabis. Smoking it can be harmful,yes, but edibles..... no so much.

Again, that's not what the research tells us. I am willing to decriminalize people's drug abuse habits in this case, but I am not going to sit here and pretend like it's okay for you to do this.

Moderate alcohol consumption is not anywhere near as dangerous for you (it can actually be healthy in some cases). The only way this bogus comparison makes sense is if you compare the very worst (and probably dying) alcoholics to moderate potheads, which is ridiculous.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Also StA....ask yourself why do people drink alcohol and/or smoke cannabis? In most cases it's to relieve stress. Stress is just as bad and maybe even a bigger killer than alcohol. I would rather people use cannabis to relieve stress and anxiety than use alcohol or pills such as Xanax or SSRIs.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Bridge too far #2. Cannabis is harmless, alcohol will kill you dead.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
katarn wrote:

That doesn't really pertain to what he said (or explain if you think it does). On what I said and the health concern, I do recognize that research's existence, but I will admit I haven't looked into it in any detail. Those kids I have known were usually already not in a great place for their future, low innate intelligence and the like, so I haven't been too concerned. My philosophy at the time was let them mess themselves up if they want. Now, again, I don't know how bad studies say the damage to a developing brain can be, so that might change my position once I get around to looking at it.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace