Want to hear your Google recording?

TheReal_ND

Want to hear your Google recording?

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Haven't tried this yet but here's quick rundown. I doubt they have much on me. I've never had an android phone and probably the last laptop I had with a mic was a Mac.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4295350/d ... every-day/

How can I listen back to the audio Google has recorded from my phone?
First, you'll need to be signed into your Gmail or Google account.

Once you've done that, type "history.google.com/history" into your web browser.

Click on 'Activity Controls'

Find the section entitled 'Voice and Audio activity'

Check out the list of audio recordings

How do I switch it off?
It is possible to stop Google from storing so much info in the future.

Go back to "Activity controls" and under "Web & App activity" you should see a blue toggle.

You can switch this off, but be warned. Officially you have merely "paused" the recordings - so keep checking back on a regular basis to ensure that the terms and conditions don't change in the future and you aren't auto-enrolled when a new Android update comes along.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Want to hear your Google recording?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 pm

It only displays stuff I already knew I was transmitting to Google. Mainly Google App recordings. So it's a lot of me asking for directions, showtimes, and unit conversions.

A couple of them are me hitting it by accident and you can hear me telling my dogs to stop pulling on the leash or something like that.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Another thing, having gone through the family court process with a lying ex-wife, and knowing full-well how discriminatory and punitive that system is towards fathers, I actually feel safer with this stuff active.

I think a lot of guys need to seriously rethink their strategy with respect to turning this stuff off. I am not saying you don't have a point, but you should consider also that, as bad as Google is, these things are a kind of insurance policy. The same is true for using debit cards instead of cash when you are out and about. Keeping a record of your daily activity could save your life.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I only got the drunk calls to my cousin when I used google voice to hide my identity

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Well, all the talk of those damn liberal faggots might not be the best thing to keep in the vault.

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Nukedog wrote:I only got the drunk calls to my cousin when I used google voice to hide my identity
Nope, there's a few more on there under your name Nuke
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 pm

German

Cucks

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:51 pm

I fucking love that film.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 pm

There's been so many times where we're discussing something at work and I go to Google it, type in one letter (of something I've never searched before mind you) and what we're talking about pops right up.

I don't use Google anymore since Damore
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:00 pm

California wrote:There's been so many times where we're discussing something at work and I go to Google it, type in one letter (of something I've never searched before mind you) and what we're talking about pops right up.

I don't use Google anymore since Damore
Oh yeah. Them fuckers be droppin' eaves.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751