NFL 2017

C-Mag

Re: NFL 2017

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Manning isn't even close to the same caliber as Brady...

Manning stats were from 1998 to 2015...
Brady's stats are from 2000 to 2016.

Two years more on Manning than Brady, and Brady has already nearly caught up to Manning in every stat if not surpassed him already.
None of them are even close to the greatest QB of all time

This mans stats
10 seasons
10 championship games
7 NFL titles
.814 Career Win Percentage

His name is Otto Graham.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Graham
Greatest for his time, I can't argue with that. The Browns were a fucking powerhouse, until the merger.
GREATEST EVER.

What the Stats will never pick up in comparing eras, are the nature of the game, the NFL was fricking brutal in the 50s. Brady's a pussy, I doubt he'd have survived a season in the 50s. And many of the players played offense and defense.

My favorite player of all time, Concrete Charlie ! Hitting Frank Gifford and knocking him out of football for almost 2 years.

In your face fancy boy
Love me some Chuck Bednarik
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:32 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:I'll amend my previous statement:

Cutler had shit-for-brains on the field. Off the field, he's certainly out-kicked his coverage.
No argument there. But, as a fan that watched 95% of his games, I can tell you that, with a good offensive line - not even Patriot-caliber, just good - he would have been top tier.
The way the league works, give a QB time, and he's going to certainly fill a stat sheet. There's a few QB's that would be 'top tier,' but there's hardly any that could do what Brady has done. Brady does a lot more than just chuck TDs. I think if you gave Cutler some time in the pocket, sure, he'd have a good season. But could he do what Brady does on the field? Highly doubt it.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am

C-Mag wrote:
GREATEST EVER.

What the Stats will never pick up in comparing eras, are the nature of the game, the NFL was fricking brutal in the 50s. Brady's a pussy, I doubt he'd have survived a season in the 50s. And many of the players played offense and defense.

My favorite player of all time, Concrete Charlie ! Hitting Frank Gifford and knocking him out of football for almost 2 years.

In your face fancy boy
Love me some Chuck Bednarik
:lol:

Yeah, I doubt Brady or many players from the current league would survive in the league as it used to be. The fact that any QB (save, Andrew Luck cause he's fucking nuts) cries for a flag when their personal bubble is violated is quite indicative of that.

There's a few psychos currently in the league that would be able to hang, though.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Its just 10,000 yds, and about 80 Touchdowns, guys. No difference at all.

And if he has the year that he is expecting, that won't be too far away.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:I'll amend my previous statement:

Cutler had shit-for-brains on the field. Off the field, he's certainly out-kicked his coverage.
No argument there. But, as a fan that watched 95% of his games, I can tell you that, with a good offensive line - not even Patriot-caliber, just good - he would have been top tier.
The way the league works, give a QB time, and he's going to certainly fill a stat sheet. There's a few QB's that would be 'top tier,' but there's hardly any that could do what Brady has done. Brady does a lot more than just chuck TDs. I think if you gave Cutler some time in the pocket, sure, he'd have a good season. But could he do what Brady does on the field? Highly doubt it.
Not an argument that I'm making. Brady is probably a bit better than Cutler could ever be, but we'll never know.

I do honestly think Manning is a better QB than Brady, and I do honestly think (know) that the Bears would have made at least one SuperBowl with Cutler, if they'd invested in an offensive line.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:38 am

Well SHIT !

Didn't even get to the first Pre Season game and my Phins are down their starting QB. Tannyhill blew out the same knee again.

I wasn't sold on Tannyhill, so whatevs. But I did want to see what he would do with the same O coordinator for 2 seasons in a row. I'm all for handing the reigns to Matt Moore, always kind of liked him. When they drafted Tannyhill I always though Moore was better. What I hate most about this is all the Bullshit pressure people are putting on teams to hire Kaepersnacker. Fuck That !

:evil:
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:44 am

C-Mag wrote:Well SHIT !

Didn't even get to the first Pre Season game and my Phins are down their starting QB. Tannyhill blew out the same knee again.

I wasn't sold on Tannyhill, so whatevs. But I did want to see what he would do with the same O coordinator for 2 seasons in a row. I'm all for handing the reigns to Matt Moore, always kind of liked him. When they drafted Tannyhill I always though Moore was better. What I hate most about this is all the Bullshit pressure people are putting on teams to hire Kaepersnacker. Fuck That !

:evil:
Another year, another season-ending injury in a meaningless scrimmage.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:54 am

Yeah, whatevs.

I never thought he was THE GUY anyway. Next Man Up!

Lots of rumors about Cutler wanting a reunion with Gase in Miami. We'll see.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 am

C-Mag wrote:Yeah, whatevs.

So I can expect you to suddenly do a 180 on cutler, and stop calling me an idiot when he signs with the dolphins?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:59 am

C-Mag wrote:Yeah, whatevs.

Tough break... but opportunity awaits.

Cutler . . . RGIII . . . Ponder, Mettenberger, Whitehurst . . . or perhaps, gulp, Kaepernick?