Announcing Year 3 of DCF/MHF Fantasy Football League

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Announcing Year 3 of DCF/MHF Fantasy Football League

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:07 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote: Giants all the way. I really miss being able to go to games. Baseball, because of the Giants, was my absolute favorite sport, even when I was traveling working baseball games. It wasn't until I worked for the Padres that baseball was finally broken for me. Having to watch bad baseball all the time will do that to you. At least they have the best stadium in the league, even better than PNC in Pittsburg and AT&T in SF

The Giants had a good run for a while there, it made up for the futility of the rest of my life before that. I think the dynasty will be over for a bit.

I've always wanted to like the A's as well. We would go to both teams' games when I was growing up, and the Coliseum was the nicer stadium back in the days of Candlestick and before Mt. Davis. The problem with the A's though is A's fans. They have an inferiority complex to the Giants and its really annoying. No one could deny the A's were a better team for a long time but no matter what most people like the Giants.

My kids are probably going to end up being Angels fans because there's no way I'm going to Chavez Ravine. Until they become Rangers or Astros fans depending on where we land :lol:
Rangers, I should hope. Central and North Texas are much nicer then Little Mexico.
Houston is hardly little Mexico. Look at a map.
I used to live just south of Austin. I know of what I speak. The hill country is amazing. The deserts to the west are terrible, and east Texas is just schizophrenic, with a nasty-sounding accent. San Antonio is beautiful for vacation, but not to live.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm

California wrote:
Fife wrote:When you mentioned your Dodgers rage, I forgot to ask: are you Giants, A's, something else?
Giants all the way. I really miss being able to go to games. Baseball, because of the Giants, was my absolute favorite sport, even when I was traveling working baseball games. It wasn't until I worked for the Padres that baseball was finally broken for me. Having to watch bad baseball all the time will do that to you. At least they have the best stadium in the league, even better than PNC in Pittsburg and AT&T in SF

The Giants had a good run for a while there, it made up for the futility of the rest of my life before that. I think the dynasty will be over for a bit.

I've always wanted to like the A's as well. We would go to both teams' games when I was growing up, and the Coliseum was the nicer stadium back in the days of Candlestick and before Mt. Davis. The problem with the A's though is A's fans. They have an inferiority complex to the Giants and its really annoying. No one could deny the A's were a better team for a long time but no matter what most people like the Giants.

My kids are probably going to end up being Angels fans because there's no way I'm going to Chavez Ravine. Until they become Rangers or Astros fans depending on where we land :lol:
The last time I spent a week in nocal was before AT&T existed. I spent 2 nights that week in the Stick; awesome time watching Barry just lap the field, twice, on talent. We took the BART train over to the Coliseum stop for a day game (KC, IIRC). When we got off the train, we thought something was desperately wrong. Then some senior citizen A's fan said, "naw, just turn around, we're walking over there." The landscape changed from broken glass to the Coliseum. Had a great time.

BTW, I saw a surfing link today that made me think of you Cali. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/sur ... ty-n805541

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Yeah, that bullpen is broken, Arrieta better have 7-8 innings in him other wise get out the brooms.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:51 pm

clubgop wrote:Yeah, that bullpen is broken, Arrieta better have 7-8 innings in him other wise get out the brooms.
Wow, what a shitshow. That was the worst collapse I've seen in a long, long time.
Jansen is ridiculous. The fact that they can't read what's coming from that leg kick is ridiculous. Total lack of play by the Cubbies, I'm afraid.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:Yeah, that bullpen is broken, Arrieta better have 7-8 innings in him other wise get out the brooms.
Wow, what a shitshow. That was the worst collapse I've seen in a long, long time.
Jansen is ridiculous. The fact that they can't read what's coming from that leg kick is ridiculous. Total lack of play by the Cubbies, I'm afraid.
That kick has different timing and pitch variances it is a distraction to try to read something from that. If he was a starter, sure you could probably pick up a pattern but in the last inning and the pressure is on you just got to make contact and hope he throws himself off.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am

Start a MLB thread ass hats! :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm

This is shit talking totally germane.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Arrieta 6 2/3rds not going to be enough might win mind you but that bullpen needs to heal. When are they going to consider walking Turner right now?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Wow, Cubs aren't getting any of the calls and this one is absolute crap Maddon is pissed and going to get booted, can't blame him here.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Just win baby. W.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace