Dark Tower Movie Looks Like Shit

heydaralon

Dark Tower Movie Looks Like Shit

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:51 am

Good lord. Everyone is excited about this one. Trailer looks awful! Looks like a very well worn cliched story filled with CGI which acts as a crutch. IT looks awful too. Stephen King blows chode.
Shikata ga nai

MilSpecs

Re: Dark Tower Movie Looks Like Shit

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 am

Goddamnit, that is hugely disappointing to hear but not surprising. It's not King, though. It's the adaptations and the actors. The Body was done perfectly as a movie, so it can be done.
:royalty-queen:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Read that series years ago, and can't say I'm interested in the movie. Meh

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:32 pm

I think it was "Tommyknockers" that killed King for me--I haven't picked up one of his books since then.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Its my favorite book series. I have read them multiple times in the past 8 years. I was dissapointed when i saw the commercial. It should be a series. I loved the way the books revealed a broken midworld that roland and his band had to pick through. It had just the right mix of magic and technology (clarkes third law). King is really good at creating worlds through indirect observations of characters. This is his best work. I dont think any movie or show adaptation could do it justice, but the books deserve better than what this movie looks to be.
NukeDog was right

I just Lurk

Post by I just Lurk » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:54 pm

IT looks pretty cool though.
NukeDog was right

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Wizard and Glass was probably the best one.

s'funny though, there is something about the actor playing Roland that just doesn't look the part.

can't quite put my finger on it.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:45 pm

I like his earlier books - 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, The Stand, Christine . . .

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Sparrow941 wrote:Its my favorite book series. I have read them multiple times in the past 8 years. I was dissapointed when i saw the commercial. It should be a series. I loved the way the books revealed a broken midworld that roland and his band had to pick through. It had just the right mix of magic and technology (clarkes third law). King is really good at creating worlds through indirect observations of characters. This is his best work. I dont think any movie or show adaptation could do it justice, but the books deserve better than what this movie looks to be.
My friend loves the series. , I guess I better put it on the list
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:27 pm

I dated a girl that was obsessed with the series. I never read it, but apparently, it's super dense and full of interesting stuff. The trailer looks like Hollywood garbage.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0