Grammarly.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Grammarly.

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 pm

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Leaving out that comma creates all kinds of problems with meaning, particularly when you are dealing with lists that have somewhat different items. That's playing with fire.
Fortune favors the bold! Not only does it make one's sentences less clunky to abandon the spurious Oxford comma, but it is also a sign of bravery!
There is bravery, and there is standing in front of a moving bulldozer. I hope one day you will wake up and realize that your actions will have consequences for you and society. In certain military situations, dozens have people have died because of omitted commas.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Image
Let's just mash two sentence fragments together that don't even belong together while not even bothering with doing that to the rest.

Edit: forgetfulness headache

What is this, an ancient Chinese remedy?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Oh that's good. I'm sending that to my mom.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm

heydaralon wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Leaving out that comma creates all kinds of problems with meaning, particularly when you are dealing with lists that have somewhat different items. That's playing with fire.
Fortune favors the bold! Not only does it make one's sentences less clunky to abandon the spurious Oxford comma, but it is also a sign of bravery!
There is bravery, and there is standing in front of a moving bulldozer. I hope one day you will wake up and realize that your actions will have consequences for you and society. In certain military situations, dozens have people have died because of omitted commas.
Do you see everyone? Have the scales fallen from your eyes? The Oxford comma is naught but a shibboleth of collectivism. They demand you use it for society.

Not me though. I am free... the only free man here!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:10 pm

shibboleth
I've really got to work that into my verbal index.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Okay. I have to admit, that is pretty awesome.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
The Conservative wrote:You realize I enjoy writing, please don't make my brain hurt with rules that I have no intention of either following or bend to such a degree that I don't care either way :P
If your "Grammarly" didn't pick up that comma splice, kick it to the curb, and try to avoid asking people to mind their grammar in the future.
Actually, I have the Oxford comma turned off, my wife yelled at me for using it, she kept telling me it was unneeded.
That's not an Oxford comma. Google "comma splice," if you'd like to learn something.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Okay. I have to admit, that is pretty awesome.
A pause for emphasis? Oh that's right cuck boi! read the language how our forefathers talked!