Grammarly.

Okeefenokee

Re: Grammarly.

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Image
that's the one I always go to.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
The Conservative wrote:You realize I enjoy writing, please don't make my brain hurt with rules that I have no intention of either following or bend to such a degree that I don't care either way :P
If your "Grammarly" didn't pick up that comma splice, kick it to the curb, and try to avoid asking people to mind their grammar in the future.
Nope, should be a hyphen or colon. Doesn't work with a comma.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:You realize I enjoy writing, please don't make my brain hurt with rules that I have no intention of either following or bend to such a degree that I don't care either way :P
If your "Grammarly" didn't pick up that comma splice, kick it to the curb, and try to avoid asking people to mind their grammar in the future.
It's a fucking run-on people!

You realize I enjoy writing? Please don't make my brain hurt with rules that I have no intention of either following, or bend to such a degree that I don't care either way.

That's where the comma goes.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

It's a sentence run on. Or whatever happens when you mash an interrogative and a statement together. Commi Cat is right.

Edit:
You realize I enjoy writing?
Beat me to it. Add "do," and you sound like someone that will pass your sophomore year English class.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:15 pm

"You realize I enjoy writing, so please don't make my brain hurt with rules I either have no intention of following, or will bend to such a degree that I don't care either way."

Is my submission.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:"You realize I enjoy writing, so please don't make my brain hurt with rules I either have no intention of following, or will bend to such a degree that I don't care either way."

Is my submission.
I think that's what he meant. Nevertheless, grammarian scold thyself.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 pm

10/10

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: If your "Grammarly" didn't pick up that comma splice, kick it to the curb, and try to avoid asking people to mind their grammar in the future.
It's a fucking run-on people!

You realize I enjoy writing? Please don't make my brain hurt with rules that I have no intention of either following, or bend to such a degree that I don't care either way.

That's where the comma goes.
Stick to your numbers.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:29 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
used to have gender, too
Like half a millennia ago. Interestingly, some would have you think that's due to Latin but Celtic languages used gender in language as well. Not sure if germanic languages ever did.
English is a Germanic language. Swedish in particular has lost much of its inflections and gender differentiation, but Germanic languages are gendered and, despite that bullshit about Latin that DB posted, sentences tend not to end with prepositions, although for the same reasons. Way back when I was a kid, we had actual actresses and even an arrant aviatrix; there were barmaids and stewardesses instead of bartenders and flight attendants.
But Feminism destroyed that as well. What won't the scourge of Feminism ruin?

Also, omitting the Oxford comma is the language equivalent of using Common Core arithmetic
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 pm

After reading through this whole thread I think we are all borderline spergy
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session