Fasting

DrYouth

Re: Fasting

Post by DrYouth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 am

Body image obsession, calorie counting, fat phobia...

And nary a woman in site on this thread.

I guess we are reaching for gender equality on the body image obsession front...

I know, I know, I am trading in stereotypes... take me to the Cultural Marxism tribunal.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 am

I see a lot of that feminine mentality in body builders, who are mostly concerned with appearance rather than capabilities. We don't have anybody like that here. A desire to be healthy, to get stronger, faster, better.. That's masculinity.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 pm

There are straightforward ways to maintain health and fitness...

Why go to these extremes?

Outside of competing for some sort of championship or prize money... why push the envelope to this degree?

Just out of curiosity, boredom, spiritual reasons?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:24 pm

DrYouth wrote:There are straightforward ways to maintain health and fitness...

Outside of competing for some sort of championship or prize money... why push the envelope to this degree?

Same motivation as the SJW snowflakes, imo. Desperate need to be 'special'.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm

DrYouth wrote:There are straightforward ways to maintain health and fitness...

What extreme??

Fasting is not extreme. Extreme is stuffing junk food into your face throughout the day. Your body is supposed to have a period of fasting each day.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: What extreme??

Fasting is not extreme. Extreme is stuffing junk food into your face throughout the day. Your body is supposed to have a period of fasting each day.
Not stuffing junk food in your face - good.

Days without eating - why?

Are you on a vision quest?
Looking for cut abs?
Trying to make a weight class?

What's the deal?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: What extreme??

Not stuffing junk food in your face - good.

Days without eating - why?

Are you on a vision quest?
Looking for cut abs?
Trying to make a weight class?

What's the deal?

It kills cancerous cells, slows aging, increases testosterone and growth hormone, and controls insulin levels (cures insulin sensitivity and metabolic syndrome).

It's really, really good for you.

Trying to get cut abs is body builder stuff. I don't care about that. I care about being healthy and stronger. You have to starve yourself to get down to about 6% body fat and it's ridiculously unhealthy. I don't mind having a slight six-pack, but trying to get super cut because women for some reason like an unhealthy look in men is stupid.

Just intermittent fasting, which is what I do every day, drastically increases your muscle mass, decreases fat, and fixes your hormones without even a calorie restriction.

Your body did not evolve to eat like most people eat today. You are supposed to fast and feast.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:42 pm

This is an incredibly dramatic way to say "I stopped snacking".

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:This is an incredibly dramatic way to say "I stopped snacking".

That's not what it means. It means I don't eat for 16-18 hours each day. The period I eat is between 6 and 8 hours.

I don't feel hungry. My insulin levels are under control. I am not flooding my body with glucose all day every day. I shed fat easily. I build muscle much, much more easily.

No calories until 3pm is not the same as "no snacking". Get real. Look at yourself too. Whatever you are doing obviously doesn't work.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:This is an incredibly dramatic way to say "I stopped snacking".

That's not what it means. It means I don't eat for 16-18 hours each day. The period I eat is between 6 and 8 hours.

I don't feel hungry. My insulin levels are under control. I am not flooding my body with glucose all day every day. I shed fat easily. I build muscle much, much more easily.

No calories until 3pm is not the same as "no snacking". Get real. Look at yourself too. Whatever you are doing obviously doesn't work.
I'm just fine, scooter. You can see pictures of me scattered across the site. Yours however, seem to be conspicuously absent.. :think:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace