BYOB?

apeman

Re: BYOB?

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fife wrote:West coast yankees. /smh

Do not associate West Coast with "Yankees" - we have far better etiquette - Booze is always provided by the host.
Yeah I have NEVER heard of any such get-together where host doesn't have at least cheap alcohol for everybody.

I have friends who don't drink and they even always get beer for me when I come over (even after I ask em not too)

Don't lay this one on the yankees.

Also, imagine somehow the host has no beer -- as a guest with a personal cooler, WOULDNT YOU OFFER BEER TO HASH?????

Not only is the host a turd, but the guests too.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

DBTrek wrote:I'll say this - The first BBQ I ever went to in Seattle (non-family) was not only BYOB, it was Bring Your Own Meat. Like - the dude pretty much just had a new grill, and wanted to use it, I guess.
"Hey everyone, I'm having a BBQ, come on over but bring your own food and drinks and stuff!"

I can't think of anywhere else I've lived (The south, the midwest, the southwest, etc) where that would remotely qualify as a BBQ.
Was there a cover charge to use the grill ????

:?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

That's genius. Free cookout and you don't have to go anywhere.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:36 pm

DBTrek wrote:I'll say this - The first BBQ I ever went to in Seattle (non-family) was not only BYOB, it was Bring Your Own Meat. Like - the dude pretty much just had a new grill, and wanted to use it, I guess.
"Hey everyone, I'm having a BBQ, come on over but bring your own food and drinks and stuff!"

I can't think of anywhere else I've lived (The south, the midwest, the southwest, etc) where that would remotely qualify as a BBQ.
Maybe this is a Washington thing?

BBQs i go to have too much food as the host has enough for everyone and then people bring more and then there's a ton of food and the host ends up with leftovers
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I got caught in something last night that, now that I think about it, really irritates me, and also shows how society norms are used as clubs to beat people over the head:

Yesterday afternoon my wife, Gwynne, got a call from a long-time friend of hers inviting us to a BBQ at their house. Gwynne bought some cookies & cake because that's what she does. I didn't take anything but myself. When we got there, I went outside to the patio. There were a half-dozen people there, all of whom I vaguely recognized from BBQs past. I shook everybody's hand, introduced myself, looked for a place to sit around the patio table. Everyone had a beer in their hand, so before sitting down I looked around for a kooler; there was a small one near the table, I opened it up, there was some random bottles & cans, I didn't take anything because it was out-of-the-ordinary stuff. Before I could close the kooler lid, this bitch says to me, "What? You just look into somebody else's kooler? You're too cheap to bring your own beer?" (Turns out, it wasn't even her kooler.) I thought she was fucking joking but she needed some work on her delivery.
"Where's the kooler?" I ask the host.
"There's no kooler?" he replies, matter-of-factly.
I'm off balance, "Didn't you have a kooler?"
"Not that I know of," he says, then continues talking to somebody else.
I look around, there's no kooler, nobody offers me a beer, I sit down. The dick who's kooler I looked in wouldn't talk to me. I go all evening without anything to drink. About 8 pm, I grab Gwynne, make an excuse, and get the hell out of Dodge.

Ya know, I've been gone for a while; is BYOB the new norm? WTF, somebody needs to tell me these things.

That's crazy.
Who the hell thinks this is offensive somehow to be at a BBQ and get pissy about a guy looking for a Beer. Was there even any Red Meat at this thing ? Or just Vegan Burgers and Tofu ?

Ya know, you should have just said excuse me, stepped out to a C store and bought a case of Natty Ice, put it in the Styrofoam cooler, strip down to your T-shirt, go back and proceed to get drunk.
:D
I bet that lady either drove a Prius or a Volvo and is an antivaxxer. Probably looks like Jill Stein
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Maybe Hash's friends are just fed up with a millionaire cheap skate turning up every time without beer. ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Maybe Hash's friends are just fed up with a millionaire cheap skate turning up every time without beer. ;)
ZING!

Damn Bourgeois Millionaires showing up to BBQ's without providing their own beer. Bastards. They want free booze but you ask their asses for something small like free healthcare, free college, or free Universal Income and they get all pissy about it. Yeah, I got your free beer, Mr. Millionaire. I hid it right behind my $15.00 per hour Minimum wage, jackass!!!

Class warfare infiltrates the BBQ scene.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Maybe Hash's friends are just fed up with a millionaire cheap skate turning up every time without beer. ;)
There's a lot of truth to this. I don't bring it up much because it's boorish (poor little White rich boy), but I do have to deal with envy & resentment as an everyday occurrence, if not for my wealth, then for my accomplishments. The Left simply drips with it. The gal & guy at the BBQ that were asses were both Lefties.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Fuck y'all. I am going to take my hundred year-old bottle of scotch for a ride on my private train.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Send those bitches a Snapchat story from the train-yard and then the diploma room.