BYOB?

Fife

Re: BYOB?

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
You know why? BC we kicked their cheap asses out of the colonies :twisted:

Looks like we need to burn you guys to the ground. Ungrateful. When you guys were busy secretly surrendering to the British crown, we were winning the war by joining up with pirates to defeat those lobster bastards at New Orleans
Typical Southerner - all talk - no Game.

When we Yankees say we're going to burn your house down - we fucking mean it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman%2 ... to_the_Sea

CURRENT YEAR

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:43 pm

California wrote:
DBTrek wrote: True.
West Coasters are the only assholes on earth that can fuck up something as simple as having beers at a BBQ.
You didn't read my post
I see your Michigan thing now. I don't know. I was in Marquette Michigan for six years and beer was the tamest intoxicant provided by the host for most parties. In fact, it wasn't unusual for guys to brew up ten gallons of their own homebrew and put it on tap for everyone. Maybe the rest of Michigan is different. Or maybe those Michiganners you ran into moved there from the West Coast.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:15 pm

You guys don't even want to know the spirits served at cookouts in the mountains.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:
California wrote:
DBTrek wrote: True.
West Coasters are the only assholes on earth that can fuck up something as simple as having beers at a BBQ.
You didn't read my post
I see your Michigan thing now. I don't know. I was in Marquette Michigan for six years and beer was the tamest intoxicant provided by the host for most parties. In fact, it wasn't unusual for guys to brew up ten gallons of their own homebrew and put it on tap for everyone. Maybe the rest of Michigan is different. Or maybe those Michiganners you ran into moved there from the West Coast.
They moved from Indiana

And they are Polish, maybe that's the problem
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:25 pm

California wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
California wrote: You didn't read my post
They moved from Indiana

Poles in Chicago will stuff your face full of meats and beer at their parties. Do not ever turn down an invitation from those guys.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
They moved from Indiana

Poles in Chicago will stuff your face full of meats and beer at their parties. Do not ever turn down an invitation from those guys.
Classic John Wayne Gacy party right their. Probably should have turned down an invitation from that Chicago Polock promising beer and a face full of meats. :twisted:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Not only have I never heard of this, but if someone wanted a particular brand at my party and I didn't have it I'd die of embarrassment. The guest is God.
:royalty-queen:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

California wrote:My wife's people all do this. All the men bring a little cooler with their own shit, its very weird. They are from Michigan and I never saw anything like this until the first time I went to visit

My people always have the host provide a large amount of cheaper beer and other people can bring their own and add to the large cooler if they are so inclined. The weird thing about the Michigan people is that none of them were bringing fancy beers, rather just a smorgasbord of various macrobrews

I don't think its a West Coast Yankee thing at all, rather than just certain groups of people.
WTF
Where I come from it's a source of pride to buy the first round, supply ample drinks for guests.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:I got caught in something last night that, now that I think about it, really irritates me, and also shows how society norms are used as clubs to beat people over the head:

Yesterday afternoon my wife, Gwynne, got a call from a long-time friend of hers inviting us to a BBQ at their house. Gwynne bought some cookies & cake because that's what she does. I didn't take anything but myself. When we got there, I went outside to the patio. There were a half-dozen people there, all of whom I vaguely recognized from BBQs past. I shook everybody's hand, introduced myself, looked for a place to sit around the patio table. Everyone had a beer in their hand, so before sitting down I looked around for a kooler; there was a small one near the table, I opened it up, there was some random bottles & cans, I didn't take anything because it was out-of-the-ordinary stuff. Before I could close the kooler lid, this bitch says to me, "What? You just look into somebody else's kooler? You're too cheap to bring your own beer?" (Turns out, it wasn't even her kooler.) I thought she was fucking joking but she needed some work on her delivery.
"Where's the kooler?" I ask the host.
"There's no kooler?" he replies, matter-of-factly.
I'm off balance, "Didn't you have a kooler?"
"Not that I know of," he says, then continues talking to somebody else.
I look around, there's no kooler, nobody offers me a beer, I sit down. The dick who's kooler I looked in wouldn't talk to me. I go all evening without anything to drink. About 8 pm, I grab Gwynne, make an excuse, and get the hell out of Dodge.

Ya know, I've been gone for a while; is BYOB the new norm? WTF, somebody needs to tell me these things.

That's crazy.
Who the hell thinks this is offensive somehow to be at a BBQ and get pissy about a guy looking for a Beer. Was there even any Red Meat at this thing ? Or just Vegan Burgers and Tofu ?

Ya know, you should have just said excuse me, stepped out to a C store and bought a case of Natty Ice, put it in the Styrofoam cooler, strip down to your T-shirt, go back and proceed to get drunk.
:D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 am

I'll say this - The first BBQ I ever went to in Seattle (non-family) was not only BYOB, it was Bring Your Own Meat. Like - the dude pretty much just had a new grill, and wanted to use it, I guess.
"Hey everyone, I'm having a BBQ, come on over but bring your own food and drinks and stuff!"

I can't think of anywhere else I've lived (The south, the midwest, the southwest, etc) where that would remotely qualify as a BBQ.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"