Outdoors thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Bought this one three years ago. Only problem it gives me is the zippers getting stuck once in a while. I use it everyday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V ... UTF8&psc=1

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Bought this one three years ago. Only problem it gives me is the zippers getting stuck once in a while. I use it everyday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V ... UTF8&psc=1

Same pack I've been running.
The zippers don't stick if I'm not doing stupid shit and forcing them. It's been really solid for me.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Got a new thermos a couple weeks back.

The two Stanley's I had a couple years ago didn't last more than a couple weeks at Fort Irwin. Been looking for something with better quality for a while.

/that picture was retarded big

Got a coffee mug to go with it,

Last edited by Okeefenokee on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:Same pack I've been running.
The zippers don't stick if I'm not doing stupid shit and forcing them. It's been really solid for me.
Lol, I thought you got a camelback brand bag. I should have noticed they were the same bag.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Got a new thermos a couple weeks back.

The two Stanley's I had a couple years ago didn't last more than a couple weeks at Fort Irwin. Been looking for something with better quality for a while.

/that picture was retarded big

Got a coffee mug to go with it,

Because I can literally go in the woods any day in my job, my daily carry pack is pretty well outfitted. I'm packing a stainless steel cup in the bottom of one pocket and I'm looking for a wide mouth stainless steel bottle to slip inside it. So I can cook if I need to. The need has arised in the past. I can't seem to find a wide mouth stainless steel UNINSULATED water bottle.
:evil:
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:09 pm

For tumblers it doesn't matter because yetti and RTIC are similarly priced but for ice chests they are both exactly the same thing and RTIC is half the price.

I use my RTIC tumbler daily. If it's not keeping water cool or coffee hot, I'm cooking noodles in it or cutting my beer down with water and limes.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Same pack I've been running.
Lol, I thought you got a camelback brand bag. I should have noticed they were the same bag.
No, mine's a Camelbak. But it's the same bag. Camelbak's design was copied by a lot of manufacturers.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:For tumblers it doesn't matter because yetti and RTIC are similarly priced but for ice chests they are both exactly the same thing and RTIC is half the price.

I use my RTIC tumbler daily. If it's not keeping water cool or coffee hot, I'm cooking noodles in it or cutting my beer down with water and limes.
My kids bought me a Yeti chest a couple years ago, they are incredible. Worth the bucks.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 pm

RTIC is exactly the same thing and half the price. You have to find them online and take my word for it. Or at least the pawn shop owner I struck up a conversion with about them. I just have their tumbler and it's identical.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:RTIC is exactly the same thing and half the price. You have to find them online and take my word for it. Or at least the pawn shop owner I struck up a conversion with about them. I just have their tumbler and it's identical.

Sounds about right.
Typical deal. Someone comes out with a superior product, gets a superior price, then some one else produces they same thing for a better price.
PLATA O PLOMO