Outdoors thread

doc_loliday

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by doc_loliday » Tue May 04, 2021 3:53 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:50 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:58 pm

DB might dig it too, he can go full on Guy on a Buffalo.
DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 am
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"
:lol: :lol:
I'll ride the buffalo, but I'm not shooting those poor prarie cows.
If there's too many of them seems like "starvation" would sort all that out, right?
:think:
There's not much natural about the habitat, there's no balanced ecosystem. I think starvation is a whole lot worse for them prarie cows than a bullet anyway.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Not my problem.
Get a job, prairie cow.
:twisted: :lol:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 3:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:44 pm
I don’t see the issue here. They re-introduced bison and wolves. Let em figure it out.
Shit's not that simple.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 3:59 pm

It's totally that simple.
Let the bison and wolves run amok.

What's the worst that can happen?
:twisted:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 4:00 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:50 pm
doc_loliday wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:58 pm

DB might dig it too, he can go full on Guy on a Buffalo.
DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 am
:lol: :lol:
I'll ride the buffalo, but I'm not shooting those poor prarie cows.
If there's too many of them seems like "starvation" would sort all that out, right?
:think:
See Federal Government Mustang adoption program for how well the Feds manage large herbavores.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Couple of pissed off ranchers.. maybe more campers get trampled.... otherwise, not much.

This is after all exactly what they re-introduced them for. To have bison and wolves.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 4:35 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm
DBTrek wrote:

Couple of pissed off ranchers.. maybe more campers get trampled.... otherwise, not much.

This is after all exactly what they re-introduced them for. To have bison and wolves.
Imagine I put you guys in a banquet room, smorgasbord table loaded, then I release some pigs into the room and tell you to eat. Are you going to hunt down the pig, or just go for the easy meal. This is exactly what wolves do. Wolves will and do eat everything. They start with the small animals, eradicating them, then moving up. They will leave an area before taking on many buffalo. Because buffalo are dangerous, and can kill you easily. This is exactly what happened in Yellowstone. The wolves ate all the beaver, coyotes, marmots, hares, etc. then moved on to wild deer and elk, decimating those herds, rather than taking on the buffalo, they mostly left.

Sure this affects the ranchers the most, because they are right there. How bout you let me turn loose a bunch of thieves and burglars in your neighborhoods and see how you like it.

'Smart' wildlife science people make stupid mistakes like this all the time. They don't seem to understand 2nd and 3rd order affects or unintended consequences.

Mustangs
https://elkodaily.com/news/opinion/edit ... 0d407.html
PLATA O PLOMO

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm

The funniest thing about the Twitter thread is people crying about the welfare ranchers needing to skedaddle so the buffalo can retake the land, all the while cashing their covid cheques living in the most artificial, species destroying environment ever devised by man.

Rural america is the clean, safe, racism free utopia progressives dream of.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm

I don't hear anyone saying, you know what we need in Cleveland or Queens or Denver, is Wolves and Buffalo. Those animals used to walk this land, so lets reintroduce them here.

Quit treating rural people like shit. We are not a place where you get to do your little wild animal experiments. You wouldn't want me to do that to you. Grizzly Bears used to roam San Fransiscos hills, let's reintroduce Ursus Horribilus there.

You want to put these critters in National Parks fine, don't tie our hands to deal with them in our states as we see fit.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:35 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm
DBTrek wrote:

Imagine I put you guys in a banquet room, smorgasbord table loaded, then I release some pigs into the room and tell you to eat. Are you going to hunt down the pig, or just go for the easy meal. This is exactly what wolves do. Wolves will and do eat everything. They start with the small animals, eradicating them, then moving up. They will leave an area before taking on many buffalo. Because buffalo are dangerous, and can kill you easily. This is exactly what happened in Yellowstone. The wolves ate all the beaver, coyotes, marmots, hares, etc. then moved on to wild deer and elk, decimating those herds, rather than taking on the buffalo, they mostly left.

Sure this affects the ranchers the most, because they are right there. How bout you let me turn loose a bunch of thieves and burglars in your neighborhoods and see how you like it.

'Smart' wildlife science people make stupid mistakes like this all the time. They don't seem to understand 2nd and 3rd order affects or unintended consequences.

Mustangs
https://elkodaily.com/news/opinion/edit ... 0d407.html
Is that not the natural state though? We’re the wolves not eating all of the small mammals since time immemorial?

I’m being half-serious, and I agree of course that nobody EVER considers longer term consequences.

Re: the wild horses, sounds like a lack of predators and grazing range is contributing to the imbalance. Unfortunately, we can only speculate as to what the ‘balance’ looked like.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0