Outdoors thread

C-Mag

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Okeefenokee wrote::lol:

I'm so ready to move out of this desert.

Do it, get the hell out of there.
How much longer do you have in school ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Too late. Trump just signed off everything south of Dallas. You're a Mexican now.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Fife wrote:Fuck this, I'm getting ready to start posting to the "listening to now" thread and fucking with Dukenog and his honkey-assed fishing rig.
Lol I caught someone's lost rig and snapped mine straight off on the next cast

This line is shit. Don't buy that spider monafilament or whatever

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:08 pm

What's on your back ?

Backpacks, what are you using, what would you prefer to have
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:20 pm

I use a jansport as my daily and I got an Everest or whatever ruck from milsurp. Left it in Tennessee got to get it back. It's just big enough to hold my milsurp mummy sleeping bag. The sleeping bag the older kind that's not shitty fabric and fairly heavy. Put the sleeping bag in a trash bag with a couple changes of clothes, stuff it in the ruck sack, roll your tarp up over the sleeping roll and put it on top; good to go.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I use a jansport as my daily and I got an Everest or whatever ruck from milsurp. Left it in Tennessee got to get it back. It's just big enough to hold my milsurp mummy sleeping bag. The sleeping bag the older kind that's not shitty fabric and fairly heavy. Put the sleeping bag in a trash bag with a couple changes of clothes, stuff it in the ruck sack, roll your tarp up over the sleeping roll and put it on top; good to go.
Jansports are great. The only reason I don't have the one I had in high school still is because I lost it when I moved out of the dorms in 1999. Next school year I bought a black and orange Jansport at the Student Union that I still use today

Since I live in a concrete jungle this is the only outdoors I get without driving 2+ hours

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:47 pm

California wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I use a jansport as my daily and I got an Everest or whatever ruck from milsurp. Left it in Tennessee got to get it back. It's just big enough to hold my milsurp mummy sleeping bag. The sleeping bag the older kind that's not shitty fabric and fairly heavy. Put the sleeping bag in a trash bag with a couple changes of clothes, stuff it in the ruck sack, roll your tarp up over the sleeping roll and put it on top; good to go.
Jansports are great. The only reason I don't have the one I had in high school still is because I lost it when I moved out of the dorms in 1999. Next school year I bought a black and orange Jansport at the Student Union that I still use today

Since I live in a concrete jungle this is the only outdoors I get without driving 2+ hours

Quick, someone call the SJW Stasi, looks like that kid is simulating a gun with that stick :o
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Next week is week 8. Chem 2 is done in week 8. Movers come in week 9. Dynamics is done in week 10, and we drive out of here the next day. August 4th if everything goes to plan. Stillhouse lake and Belton lake are each about ten minutes from the new house. I'll have about three weeks off before classes start at the end of August.

There's a thing in Austin where you can take rides on old steam trains, and from the sound of the name of it, I think there might be one done up like Thomas the tank engine. If my daughter sees something like that, she's gonna lose her mind. She loves Thomas.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:16 pm

My daily carry is a Camelbak Hydration pack, got it about 10 years ago, it's been rock solid. I spend a lot of time in the woods for work and play. The design was good enough to be copied by multiple manufacturers.

When I'm going hunting or fishing for several days I carry my old school ruck.
http://militarybackpackguide.com/wp-con ... e-pack.jpg
JetBoil in the right hand pocket, 1st Aid and Meds Center, Personal Hygeine Left. Plus lots of stuff inside, I can go a long time with that ruck. Lot's of folks denigrate the Alice Pack, but they are the best bang for the buck, no execptions.

Mystery Ranch Packs are pretty much considered top of the line today............ a price to match
Prices are coming down, but their professional models run $400-$800
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Next week is week 8. Chem 2 is done in week 8. Movers come in week 9. Dynamics is done in week 10, and we drive out of here the next day. August 4th if everything goes to plan. Stillhouse lake and Belton lake are each about ten minutes from the new house. I'll have about three weeks off before classes start at the end of August.

There's a thing in Austin where you can take rides on old steam trains, and from the sound of the name of it, I think there might be one done up like Thomas the tank engine. If my daughter sees something like that, she's gonna lose her mind. She loves Thomas.
Cool

Is that in HIll Country?

Looks like a good spot for you.
PLATA O PLOMO