Outdoors thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:30 pm

I prefer wood for fuel.

Waking up before first light to stoke the fire and get started on coffee and breakfast is half the damn reason to go camping. We've always used a coleman too, just not for everything.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Agreed.

Loose shits amongst the pre-dawn mosquitoes after a night of shaking Jimmy Beam's hand are over-rated.

If you can't keep a smoky fire going all night, at least start the morning fire up super early.

:goteam: :drunk:

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Damn straight.
I don't even know what people are talking about in this thread.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I prefer wood for fuel.

Waking up before first light to stoke the fire and get started on coffee and breakfast is half the damn reason to go camping. We've always used a coleman too, just not for everything.

Wood is great, but the huge advantage of the JetBoil is that it's incredibly fast, clean and all weather. If I'm hunting in the back country, I can stop anywhere, have a quick hot drink or meal in a (snow to boiling water in 2 minutes) few minutes and keep moving. Minimal scent signature too. The thing slips in the bottom pocket of my old school ruck and you don't need much time to cool it down.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 pm

I heard it was harsh on sperm count.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I prefer wood for fuel.

Wood is great, but the huge advantage of the JetBoil is that it's incredibly fast, clean and all weather. If I'm hunting in the back country, I can stop anywhere, have a quick hot drink or meal in a (snow to boiling water in 2 minutes) few minutes and keep moving. Minimal scent signature too. The thing slips in the bottom pocket of my old school ruck and you don't need much time to cool it down.
You should hunt with an atlatl and spear, and cook on a fire like your ancestors. smh

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Propane burns clean it just leaves carbon monoxide. I'm not saying I don't prefer wood (I do) but if you're trying to camp without drawing attention it has its advantages. I think Okee posted a really cool smokeless wood system though. Kind of the same concept of the wood gas engines but lots of carbon monoxide.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Fuck this, I'm getting ready to start posting to the "listening to now" thread and fucking with Dukenog and his honkey-assed fishing rig.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:13 pm

:lol:

I'm so ready to move out of this desert.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
You should hunt with an atlatl and spear, and cook on a fire like your ancestors. smh

As soon as they get those Wooly Mammoths Cloaned, were on. Think we can get Monte to be our camp cook ?

I've actually thrown an Atlatl, amazingly simple to learn.

I cook with wood too, not an Ace with a Dutch oven, but I can handle one.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience